Re: how can I count sets of numbers?

  • dovejurgen
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
      Can anyone help me?
    • torpidai
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
        Here's a nudge in the right direction.

        For a = 0 to 10

        total = total + a

        array(a) = total

        print "a = "; a; " array(";a;") = "; array(a)

        next a

        then look in the help menu under "Case" I'm sure you'll be able to work on it from there :)
      • Gordon
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
          Do you mean something like this?

          dim A1(4,5)

          for counter = 1 to 4
          for D = 1 to 4
          read A
          A1(counter,D) =A
          next D
          next counter

          data 5,12,7,20,21,40
          data 5,12,20,22,21,40
          data 10,2,31,3,23,12
          data 1,2,3,23,25,31

          for t = 1 to 5
          T1 = T1 + A1(1,t)
          next t

          print T1

          Gordon

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "dovejurgen" <dovejurgen@...> wrote:

          > In this example I have 4 tickets of 6 numbers.
          > But maybe I do 100 tickets.
          > It's always A1,B1,F1,H1,M1,Y1 but its generating other numbers.
          >
          > I want to count the sets of 4 same numbers,
          > and I want to count the sets of 5 same numbers.
          >
          > In this case are 2 sets of the same four numbers(2,3,23,31)
          > and 2 sets of the same five numbers(5,12,20,21,40)
          >
          > But how can I count this with liberty basic and what when I have much tickets?
          >

          > 10 counter=counter+1
          > IF counter=5 THEN GOTO 20
          >
          > A1(counter)=A1
          > B1(counter)=B1
          > F1(counter)=F1
          > H1(counter)=H1
          > M1(counter)=M1
          > Y1(counter)=Y1
          >
          > IF counter=1 THEN A1=5
          > IF counter=1 THEN B1=12
          > IF counter=1 THEN F1=7
          > IF counter=1 THEN H1=20
          > IF counter=1 THEN M1=21
          > IF counter=1 THEN Y1=40
          >
          > IF counter=2 THEN A1=5
          > IF counter=2 THEN B1=12
          > IF counter=2 THEN F1=20
          > IF counter=2 THEN H1=22
          > IF counter=2 THEN M1=21
          > IF counter=2 THEN Y1=40
          >
          > IF counter=3 THEN A1=10
          > IF counter=3 THEN B1=2
          > IF counter=3 THEN F1=31
          > IF counter=3 THEN H1=3
          > IF counter=3 THEN M1=23
          > IF counter=3 THEN Y1=12
          >
          > IF counter=4 THEN A1=1
          > IF counter=4 THEN B1=2
          > IF counter=4 THEN F1=3
          > IF counter=4 THEN H1=23
          > IF counter=4 THEN M1=25
          > IF counter=4 THEN Y1=31
          >
          > GOTO 10
          > 20
          > END

        • dovejurgen
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
            I don't understand.
            No it's not that.

            I don't know why the answer is 44.
            The answer must be: exactly 5 same numbers=2 times
            and exactly 4 same numbers=2 times

            The second thing is that i can't use data,because before i don't know the exact 6 numbers.It's random generated.

            In that example I used 4 tickets but I want to generate 10 or more.
          • rod_bird001
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
              I don't understand the task in hand and I don't think other folks do either. Why not have another go at decribing what it is you are attempting with a few more examples. Take time to describe what you mean by a ticket and what you mean by a set of numbers.
            • Gary Passmore
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
                Are you by any chance running a lottery of sorts?

                ...from the world according to GaRPMorE

              • dovejurgen
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
                  This is for a lottery.

                  Another example:

                  A1,B1,F1,H1,M1,Y1 are generating numbers for a pick 6.
                  Let's say:

                  A1=5
                  B1=12
                  F1=7
                  H1=20
                  M1=21
                  Y1=40

                  Eveythime, the 6 numbers are changing.It can be anything.
                  It's a little bit random.
                  I call the 6 numbers a ticket.

                  I make a ticket.
                  Then it's going through filters and at the end,it returns back to the beginning to make another ticket with other numbers for doing the same thing.
                  I count the tickets.

                  That's the reason why I wrote:
                  IF counter=1 THEN A1=5
                  IF counter=1 THEN B1=12
                  IF counter=1 THEN F1=7
                  IF counter=1 THEN H1=20
                  IF counter=1 THEN M1=21
                  IF counter=1 THEN Y1=40

                  I think to make 100 tickets.(That means 100 tickets of 6 numbers each).

                  Only after a ticket is generated I can see what the numbers are.

                  In this example I made 7 tickets
                  You can see that some tickets have some same numbers

                  IF counter=1 THEN A1=5
                  IF counter=1 THEN B1=12
                  IF counter=1 THEN F1=7
                  IF counter=1 THEN H1=20
                  IF counter=1 THEN M1=21
                  IF counter=1 THEN Y1=40

                  IF counter=2 THEN A1=5
                  IF counter=2 THEN B1=12
                  IF counter=2 THEN F1=20
                  IF counter=2 THEN H1=22
                  IF counter=2 THEN M1=21
                  IF counter=2 THEN Y1=40

                  IF counter=3 THEN A1=10
                  IF counter=3 THEN B1=2
                  IF counter=3 THEN F1=31
                  IF counter=3 THEN H1=3
                  IF counter=3 THEN M1=23
                  IF counter=3 THEN Y1=12

                  IF counter=4 THEN A1=1
                  IF counter=4 THEN B1=2
                  IF counter=4 THEN F1=3
                  IF counter=4 THEN H1=23
                  IF counter=4 THEN M1=25
                  IF counter=4 THEN Y1=31

                  IF counter=5 THEN A1=5
                  IF counter=5 THEN B1=12
                  IF counter=5 THEN F1=20
                  IF counter=5 THEN H1=22
                  IF counter=5 THEN M1=40
                  IF counter=5 THEN Y1=21

                  IF counter=6 THEN A1=10
                  IF counter=6 THEN B1=2
                  IF counter=6 THEN F1=31
                  IF counter=6 THEN H1=3
                  IF counter=6 THEN M1=23
                  IF counter=6 THEN Y1=12

                  IF counter=7 THEN A1=1
                  IF counter=7 THEN B1=2
                  IF counter=7 THEN F1=3
                  IF counter=7 THEN H1=23
                  IF counter=7 THEN M1=25
                  IF counter=7 THEN Y1=31

                  I don't want to know if there is a double ticket.
                  Because that means that I must looking for six same numbers.
                  (I only want to know 4 same numbers or 5 same numbers)

                  For some reason I want to count the tickets that has exactly the same four numbers in it.
                  In this example:
                  Ticket 1 and 2 and 5 has the same 4 numbers.5,12,20,21
                  Ticket 2 and Ticket 5 has the same 4 numbers 20,22,21,40

                  And I also want to count all the tickets that has exactly five same numbers

                  So every ticket must be compared to all tickets.

                  To discribe it in other words:

                  I want to compare ticket 1 with ticket 2 to see if there are 4 same numbers in both.
                  Then compare ticket 1 with ticket 3
                  Then compare ticket 1 with ticket 4 .. till the last ticket.

                  Then comparing four other numbers from ticket 1 to all the tickets.
                  Then doing the same with ticket 2.

                  (In fact every ticket has sets of four number combinations).

                  (If I am looking for five same numbers,every ticket has sets of five number combinations).

                  If I want to know the four same numbers in each ticket,
                  imagine that it makes all possible
                  combinations of 4 numbers from ticket 1. (I think 15 possible)
                  1234
                  1235
                  1236
                  1245
                  1246
                  1256
                  1345
                  1346
                  1356
                  1456
                  2345
                  2346
                  2356
                  2456
                  3456
                  Then compare these 15 combinations from ticket 1 to all 15 combinations of ticket 2 ,ticket 3.. ..till the last ticket.
                  After that doing the same for ticket 2.
                  That means again all 15 possible combinations from ticket 2 comparing to all 15 combinations of ticket 3,...till the last ticket.....
                  This for every 100 tickets .

                  I know it's difficult but maybe it's possible to do this in a short way.
                • visualsorte
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2009
                    If this is for a lottery, I can help you.

                    Supose each combination is a string like this:
                    03 09 19 34 47 49
                    and they are in comb$().

                    Total combination is in a variable named totcb

                    'begin

                    comb$(1) = "03 09 19 34 47 49"
                    comb$(2) = "05 11 25 33 41 45"
                    comb$(3) = "10 19 22 36 38 49"
                    comb$(4) = "01 04 17 25 26 49"
                    comb$(5) = "15 19 29 34 47 49"

                    totcb = 5

                    for p = 1 to totcb - 1
                    for s = p + 1 to totcb
                    equal = 0
                    for k = 1 to 17 step 3
                    for j = 1 to 17 step 3
                    if mid$(comb$(p),k,2) = mid$(comb$(s),j,2) then equal = equal + 1
                    next j
                    next k

                    print p; " and "; s; " equal = ";equal

                    next s