RE: [libertybasic] LB, converting Excel to CSV

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2009

      > Hi all. This is strictly not an Liberty Basic isssue, but I
      > think the folks here could help me.
      >
      > I need to convert lots of Excel spreadsheets to a
      > standardized CSV format.
      >
      > At the moment I cannot process the Excel spreadsheet (.xls)
      > using LB because the file format is just too complex for me.
      >
      > At the moment I open the file using excel, save it as CSV and
      > then do further processing on the CSV with LB.
      >
      > I'd like to do the whole lot from the interface of my LB program.
      >
      > So I need a command-line utility that I can call using LB,
      > that will convert XLS to CSV. Then LB could open the file so
      > produced and do its thing.
      >
      > Problem is, I can't find any good command line utility. Does
      > anyone here have knowledge of where to look?

      You can directly interface with Excel and other Office applications by using the DLLs found in
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/lbfiles/files/DLLs/YoingcoDLLs.zip

      This allows you to read each cell individually or save the XLS as a different file type.

      The documentation of the functions, the C source code and example files for LB are also included.

      The constants needed for the DLL calls are included in the C headers and the LB examples.

      Try the examples in the COMAL folder tree to get a feeling.

      Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

      Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
      AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz, 4GB RAM
    • Bill Lopez
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2009
        Thanks, Stefan! I'll stick with conforums. I haven't found anything better.

        Bill
        maxxhuggs@...

      • Angus Mann
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 5, 2009