Combobox usage

  • titan2guy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009
      Forgive me... I think this has hit this forum not too long ago. I have a rather large program that uses quite a few windows. Several of them contain comboboxes. The problem is that I have to select an item other than the one that is showing and then reselect the one I want. If item 5 is showing, the program doesn't seem to know it until I select (say) item 4. Then I have to select item 5 again. Just dropping the list down and selecting item 5 doesn't do it. Is this a coding problem?

      Thanks in advance for any help!

      Ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009

        > Forgive me... I think this has hit this forum not too long
        > ago. I have a rather large program that uses quite a few
        > windows. Several of them contain comboboxes. The problem is
        > that I have to select an item other than the one that is
        > showing and then reselect the one I want. If item 5 is
        > showing, the program doesn't seem to know it until I select
        > (say) item 4. Then I have to select item 5 again. Just
        > dropping the list down and selecting item 5 doesn't do it.
        > Is this a coding problem?

        To make it possible to select the same item over and over again, without the need to select another item in between, you need to
        select index zero after the users selection programmatically.

        Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
        Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

        Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2