checkbox captions in XP

  • Sam Wetterlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      When I ran my program in XP, I discovered that the captions of checkboxes and radiobuttons comes out black, rather than my white ForegroundColor$. In Win 2000 it came out white. statictext comes out white in both versions, so I changed my checkboxes and radiobuttons so they have no captions, and placed the captions in statictext. A bit of a pain, but it works.

      Is this an LB bug, or am I supposed be be explicitly setting the color of the captions, rather than expecting it to come out in the ForegroundColor$?

      Sam W.
    • Eddie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
        Unless it is a graphics window, I didn't think you could set the text colour
        other than through the foreground method which you used.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009

          > When I ran my program in XP, I discovered that the captions
          > of checkboxes and radiobuttons comes out black, rather than
          > my white ForegroundColor$. In Win 2000 it came out white.
          > statictext comes out white in both versions, so I changed my
          > checkboxes and radiobuttons so they have no captions, and
          > placed the captions in statictext. A bit of a pain, but it works.
          >
          > Is this an LB bug, or am I supposed be be explicitly setting
          > the color of the captions, rather than expecting it to come
          > out in the ForegroundColor$?

          This is controlled by the theme XP uses.

          The ForegroundColor$ does only take full control, if you use the classic theme in XP.

          The XP theme is treating things differently in this manner.

          Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
          Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

          Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2