RE: [libertybasic] Liberty Basic for symbian?

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2009

      > Hi
      > But is it possible to convert the LB Program of Desktop PCs
      > to Symbian Platforms? Thanks

      No, because there is no runtime engine for handhelds.

      Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

      Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1
      AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz
      4GB RAM
    • alexbozinovic
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2009
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pendl" <pendl2megabit@...> wrote:

        > > Hi
        > > But is it possible to convert the LB Program of Desktop PCs �
        > > to Symbian Platforms? Thanks
        > >

        > No, because there is no runtime engine for handhelds.
        >
        > ---
        > Stefan Pendl
        >
        > Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
        > Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe
        >
        > Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1
        > AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz
        > 4GB RAM

        Why don't you than make runtime engine for handhelds?
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 1, 2009

          > > > Hi
          > > > But is it possible to convert the LB Program of Desktop PCs �
          > > > to Symbian Platforms? Thanks
          > > >

          > > No, because there is no runtime engine for handhelds.
          > >

          > Why don't you than make runtime engine for handhelds?

          ...., because it is not supported by the current development tool used to create LB.

          Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
          Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

          Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
          AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz
          4GB RAM
        • Bill Lopez
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 1, 2009
            >>Why don't you than make runtime engine for handhelds?

            If there is a market, if the effort can prove profitable, someone will make a basic for handhelds.

            When the question is, "Why doesn't someone....?" the answer is always the same: money.

            If you want to make a programming language for your cell phone, go right ahead. Good luck to you!

          • laurie camion
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 1, 2009
              Besides which there is already a well established Basic tool for Symbian and similar OS's. NS Basic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_Basic

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 1, 2009
                Wow! Thank you, Laurie! I may finally be able to do something with my HP Jornada besides read electronic books! ROFL! I've copied and saved several of the links for NS Basic. I've always been disappointed that it could not do simple programming tasks.

                Thanks again!

                Bill
                maxxhuggs@...

              • alexbozinovic
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 1, 2009
                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Lopez" <maxxhuggs@...> wrote:

                  > Wow! Thank you, Laurie! I may finally be able to do something with my HP Jornada besides read electronic books! ROFL! I've copied and saved several of the links for NS Basic. I've always been disappointed that it could not do simple programming tasks.
                  >
                  > Thanks again!
                  >
                  > Bill
                  > maxxhuggs@...

                  Thanks for NS Basic.