Text Question / Window choice

  • productdevelop
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29 1:00 PM
      Let's say I have a help menu item called "contact". I want to open a window to display text with an address which is multiple lines. What is the best approach?

      I don't want to have a file or edit menu that would be cause by using a text window. But, I don't want to have to define different "lines" of static text either. I want a modal box, pretty sure but could be persuaded. I would like a box that could be scrolled for the case where the information to be displayed might be a paragraph or more. I don't want the user to edit anything though, or save anything. It is all for information only.

      I did a dialog/modal box at first with a single statictext box and the text does wrap in the box but the line of text would be very long since it seems that only 1 print command can be used to a single statictext box. (the _ continuation didn't work).

      Thanks!
    • Zachary Antilley
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29 4:04 PM
        How about this;

        notice "This is the Title";chr$(13)_
        ;"This is the first line of text";chr$(13)_
        ;"This is the second line of text";chr$(13)_
        ;"Etc."

        Zack

        On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM, productdevelop <productdevelop@...>wrote:

        > Let's say I have a help menu item called "contact". I want to open a window
        > to display text with an address which is multiple lines. What is the best
        > approach?
        >
        > I don't want to have a file or edit menu that would be cause by using a
        > text window. But, I don't want to have to define different "lines" of static
        > text either. I want a modal box, pretty sure but could be persuaded. I would
        > like a box that could be scrolled for the case where the information to be
        > displayed might be a paragraph or more. I don't want the user to edit
        > anything though, or save anything. It is all for information only.
        >
        > I did a dialog/modal box at first with a single statictext box and the text
        > does wrap in the box but the line of text would be very long since it seems
        > that only 1 print command can be used to a single statictext box. (the _
        > continuation didn't work).
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Zachary Antilley
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29 4:16 PM
          Sorry, I missed the part about scrolling.

          --
          Sent from my mobile device
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30 10:15 AM

            > Let's say I have a help menu item called "contact". I want
            > to open a window to display text with an address which is
            > multiple lines. What is the best approach?
            >
            > I don't want to have a file or edit menu that would be cause
            > by using a text window. But, I don't want to have to define
            > different "lines" of static text either. I want a modal box,
            > pretty sure but could be persuaded. I would like a box that
            > could be scrolled for the case where the information to be
            > displayed might be a paragraph or more. I don't want the
            > user to edit anything though, or save anything. It is all
            > for information only.
            >
            > I did a dialog/modal box at first with a single statictext
            > box and the text does wrap in the box but the line of text
            > would be very long since it seems that only 1 print command
            > can be used to a single statictext box. (the _ continuation
            > didn't work).

            I searched the group online for "textbox readonly" ;-)

            Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
            Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

            Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1
            AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz
            4GB RAM
          • productdevelop
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
              --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pendl" <pendl2megabit@...> wrote:

              > > Let's say I have a help menu item called "contact". I want
              > > to open a window to display text with an address which is
              > > multiple lines. What is the best approach?
              > >
              > > I don't want to have a file or edit menu that would be cause
              > > by using a text window. But, I don't want to have to define
              > > different "lines" of static text either. I want a modal box,
              > > pretty sure but could be persuaded. I would like a box that
              > > could be scrolled for the case where the information to be
              > > displayed might be a paragraph or more. I don't want the
              > > user to edit anything though, or save anything. It is all
              > > for information only.
              > >
              > > I did a dialog/modal box at first with a single statictext
              > > box and the text does wrap in the box but the line of text
              > > would be very long since it seems that only 1 print command
              > > can be used to a single statictext box. (the _ continuation
              > > didn't work).

              > I searched the group online for "textbox readonly" ;-)
              >
              > ---
              > Stefan Pendl
              >
              > Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
              > Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe