Re: How to quit exe application?

  • alexbozinovic
    Message 1 of 20 , May 3, 2009
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "rod_bird001" <rodbird@...> wrote:

      > Closing down games seems a bit, "hackerish" if that is a word. I suspect few readers will want to help. Your own intentions may be quite above board but few competent coders would want to show folks how to manipulate applications.

      Ok, I solved my problem.

      [code]
      run chr$(34); "pskill.exe"; chr$(34); " hl"
      [/code]

      Before that, I downloaded pskill (made by Mark Russinovich), extracted to c:\windows\system32. "hl" means hl.exe, and it tells to program pskill.exe to quit hl.exe .
      Anyway, thanks.
      P.S. I think that asking "Why do you need it, or something similar is stupid. Doesn't matter if reason sounds hackerish. Everything I do is for my computer. If I was hacker, I am sure I wouldn't ask you or anyone on this forum (cause hackers know about these things).
      Do you agree with this?
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 20 , May 6, 2009
        I believe he is wondering why his indivdual program will not close upon end of program (ie: end -close program, end program, close all apps enabled, lotsa - luck, never figured it out ---------- BUT ----- not to worry. When user of your program exits your app - windows will shut it down.

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "rod_bird001" <rodbird@...> wrote:

        > I think that you might get better help if you explained more clearly what it is you are trying to do. What exact application are you trying to close and why?

      • alexbozinovic
        Message 3 of 20 , May 9, 2009
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <hidden_hiker@...> wrote:

          > I believe he is wondering why his indivdual program will not close upon end of program (ie: end -close program, end program, close all apps enabled, lotsa - luck, never figured it out ---------- BUT ----- not to worry. When user of your program exits your app - windows will shut it down.
          >
          > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "rod_bird001" <rodbird@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I think that you might get better help if you explained more clearly what it is you are trying to do. What exact application are you trying to close and why?

          That is not true!