RE: [libertybasic] Changing file name to variable name

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009

      > Have file created called report.txt, want to rename it using
      > the name of two variables , ownersname$ and permitnumber$ .
      > Like to JohnDoe456789.txt.
      > I've tried the NAME command several times but being a
      > building inspector I'm like a fish out of water. Can somebody
      > help? Thanks

      I would use the following:

      '---code start (watch for line wraps)
      NAME "report.txt" AS ownersname$ + permitnumber$ + ".txt"
      '---code end

      If this still does not solve your problem, please post code that you have already tried.

      Liberty BASIC Assist 4.03 ........ http://www.libertybasic.com/assist.html
      Liberty BASIC 4.04 public beta ... http://www.libertybasic.com/lb404b3setup.exe

      Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1
      AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2GHz