Locking Windows on the Screen

  • sueernieb
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Is there a way to lock one or more windows on a screen to make them
      remain on the screen regardless of which window has been selected with
      the cursor?

      I use a full screen window as a white background for the other windows
      I have open. If I click outside one of these windows onto the
      background screen, then the other windows disappear from the screen.
      How can I keep windows on the screen and only have them removed when
      they are specifically closed by the program or by pressing the close
      (X) button on the title bar?.

      I'm sure this is documented somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

      Thanks,

      Ernie Brockelmeyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009

        > Is there a way to lock one or more windows on a screen to make them
        > remain on the screen regardless of which window has been
        > selected with
        > the cursor?
        >
        > I use a full screen window as a white background for the
        > other windows
        > I have open. If I click outside one of these windows onto the
        > background screen, then the other windows disappear from the screen.
        > How can I keep windows on the screen and only have them removed when
        > they are specifically closed by the program or by pressing the close
        > (X) button on the title bar?.
        >
        > I'm sure this is documented somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

        You can add the top-most window style for them:

        stylebits #window, 0, 0, _WS_EX_TOPMOST, 0

        Please read the help file topic about stylebits and visit the stylebits corner at http://lbpe.wikispaces.com/
        This will enable you to understand what is going on and not only use a foreign piece of code.