Re: [libertybasic] Re: Sent Carl a request

  • Carl Gundel
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2009
      Indeed I did resend the information and even replied personally to the
      request. If for some reason my emails are not in your spam or junk
      folder, please send me an alternate email address we can try.

      -Carl

      On Feb 28, 2009, at 9:12 PM, JanetTerra wrote:

      > Almost always, the fault lies with the spam filter. Please check all
      > your spam mail since you sent those emails. If you are sure the reply
      > didn't get caught in your spam filter, then post again.
      >
      > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "muttwalton" <milfredo@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> I have sent carl two emails so far trying to get registration code
      >> for
      >> the program I had to redownload.
      >>
      >> If he doesn't reply, what do I do?
      >>
      >> Nilfredo

    • muttwalton
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
        Ok Carl I will look and see if I can find it.

        Thank you for responding.

        I have loved my experience with Liberty basic. This is a great
        community. It's just very frustrating when your computer crashes.

        Regards
        Mutt

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
          A number of years ago, I paid $49.00 for software tools to use with my cell phone.

        • Bill Lopez
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
            A number of years ago, I paid $49.00 for software tools to use with my cell phone....

            Oops! That one "escaped" before I could finish it!

            Anyway, about 18 months later I bought a new computer. Now I wanted to move these cell phone tools to my new computer; sorry about that, chum, purchase them again for another $49.00.

            I learned, and developed a habit, when downloading from the Internet, save everything in a folder within "My Downloads." Let's go one step further, save any emails with registration numbers, user names, etc, to the same folder. Now the software and username can be easily moved to another computer; copied to a flash drive; or copied to CD.

            This is called "outwitting Murphy." He's such a jerk, it doesn't take much to trump his ace, but you must think ahead some what. Heck, you must think ahead even if you're only going to the dry cleaners. The trick is to make "thinking ahead" a habit. Good habits are hard to break. Try it sometime... you might save $49.00, you might even save it several times over!

          • muttwalton
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 4, 2009
              If I manage to get this squared away I will get a flash drive for saving things.
              But since I have over the last few years been struck down with congestive heart failure, then cardiomyopathy 7 months later and then continually going down hill, was given 90 days to live....So I was not exactly on my game over those years. Then Dr's said maybe they could save me with heart surgery.
              I went through that and beat the odds by making it through when going in, they said good chance I would never make it through the surgery or off the ventilator if I did make it that far.
              Since then I have been ill bit at least alive. I am disabled with a bad heart and have good days and some not so good days.
              I don't have it together like I did before getting sick. And so I don't think ahead a lot. Sometimes can't even get out of bed.
              Anyway I hope a lost password or registration is all you ever have to worry about.
              Right now I need the registration info, which I have not received form Carl yet. I just sent him 3 email addresses to resend the info he said he already sent. I just haven't received it. And I have checked my spam folder everyday.

              So Carl if you see this, could you please resend the info.

              Oh and by the way, I have paid twice for Liberty basic because after the first time I got sick I didn't use it. Then when I had a chance to get back to it, there were new versions, so I went ahead and downloaded the program and paid for the gold license..My second purchase. So not looking for a free ride.
              Mutt

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2009
                > Right now I need the registration info, which I have not
                > received form Carl yet. I just sent him 3 email addresses to
                > resend the info he said he already sent. I just haven't
                > received it. And I have checked my spam folder everyday.
                >
                > So Carl if you see this, could you please resend the info.
                >
                > Oh and by the way, I have paid twice for Liberty basic
                > because after the first time I got sick I didn't use it. Then
                > when I had a chance to get back to it, there were new
                > versions, so I went ahead and downloaded the program and paid
                > for the gold license..My second purchase. So not looking for
                > a free ride.

                It does not solve your current problem, but you do have a mail account at Yahoo!, so open it up online and check the Spam folder
                there.

                If you are accessing your Yahoo! mail from Outlook or any other mail client, you might have set the Yahoo! Spam filter to delete
                Spam or not to download to your local client.

                There is the possibility, that your ISP is filtering your mails for Spam and he does not notify you, if something gets deleted.

                I would set up your Yahoo! mail account to keep Spam for a month and to not include it to be downloaded, when accessed through
                Outlook.
                This would enable you to check the Spam folder online, if an important mail is missing.

                I have disabled Spam filtering at all for my Yahoo! account, so I do all the filtering on my machine locally, which gives me more
                control over what I like to see and what to delete.

                For the future, you may want to copy important information to your local disk and do a weekly backup or if registration information
                has been saved.
                This will result in two copies of your valuable information, so if one copy gets damaged, you still have the other one.

                Storing valuable information on one chip drive only will result in loosing it, if the chip drive gets broken.

                The best is to keep at least two separate copies of you valuable data.

                I personally have four copies, one on the local disk, a 1:1 copy on an external disk and a weekly full backup on DVD (one for odd
                and one for even weeks).
                This has saved me from loosing anything twice by now, due to disk failure or inaccessible computer.

              • muttwalton
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 5, 2009
                  Thanks Stefan.

                  Milfredo