Re: Lotterty Program

  • Michael M. Mahoney
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
      Below is one way to get what I think you want. Notice that each FOR
      must have a matching NEXT.

      This brute force program will display all of the unique combinations
      of 6 numbers between 1 and 54 that add up to 150. No number is
      duplicated in an answer.

      This will take a while to run, there are 255,772 combinations found,
      out of a possible 25,827,165 total combinations.

      ' BEGIN CODE
      ' lotto numbers that add to 150
      '
      For A = 1 to 49
      For B = (A + 1) to 50
      For C = (B + 1) to 51
      For D = (C + 1) to 52
      For E = (D + 1) to 53
      For F = (E + 1) to 54
      IF A+B+C+D+E+F = 150 then
      Print A,B,C,D,E,F
      cnt = cnt + 1
      end if
      next F
      next E
      next D
      next C
      next B
      next A
      [done]
      print
      print "There are "; cnt; " combinations that add to 150"
      print
      input "Press any key to end..."; a$
      end

      'END CODE

      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "mdeboth" <mdeboth@...> wrote:

      > I am want to write a lottery program. I want a program that gives all
      > the mathematical possible cominations where the sum of the digits
      > (numbers drawn)add to 150. The lottery draws six numbers ranging from 1
      > to 54.
      >
      > Below is my attempt to write a program. So much for the book,
      > Programing for Dummies.
      >
      > For A = 1 to 54
      > For B = 1 to 53
      > For C = 1 to 52
      > For D = 1 to 51
      > For E = 1 to 50
      > For F = 1 to 49
      > IF Print A+B+C+D+E+F = 150 then
      > Print A,B,C,D,E,F
      >
      > What is wrong ? Help would be very much appreciated.

    • Gordon Sweet
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
        You are welcome to adapt to your needs my Lotteries.bas among the LEISURE zip from http://www.sigord.co.uk/LBcode.htm

        Gordon

      • Milton DeBoth
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
          Thank you very much for your help with the lottery program. It works ! I am amazed.  I never would have been able to figure this out. This is the first time I have ever reached out to any type of Yahoo Group for help. Unbelievable !!