Re: [libertybasic] Re: ifthenelseifthenelseifthenelseendifendifendit

  • Gary Passmore
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      Marc, I admire your facility with IF...THEN...ELSE

      I have always found it unwieldy, and eschew it to avoid the syntax errors that usually resulted.
      With your example, I see how it works, and am grateful, but think I'll continue to avoid it if possible.

      CF. :

      grd=65+(g<90)+(g<80)+3*(g<70):print "Grade for score of ";g;" is ";chr$(grd)

      One line... ain't that fine?

      (I go back to Commodore BASIC, when bytes were worth their weight in uranium, and can't seem to escape the habit.)

      Gary

      ...from the world according to GaRPMorE

    • Carl Gundel
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        From: "Gary Passmore" <garpmore@...>
        > (I go back to Commodore BASIC, when bytes were worth their weight in
        > uranium, and can't seem to escape the habit.)

        Bytes are still worth their weight in uranium. They just weight a LOT less.
        ;-)

        -Carl
      • marc.sabau
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
          Gary,
          I prefer to use the SELECT CASE when it's possible.
          You work on Commodore Basic, I've begun 25 years ago with the
          Locomotive BASIC on AMSTRAD 6128 and 6256. LB V4.03 is better for
          working with Graphic Windows and so on.
          Do you have tried Turbo Pascal and Dbase ?

          Regards,

          Marc.

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Gary Passmore <garpmore@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
            Hi Carl,

            You're right, the weight of Locomotive BASIC is also tiny !!!

            Regards from "Le pont d'Avignon" in France.

            Marc.