Bit maps / Sprites / graphics

  • martin8153
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
      Hi!

      I really have tried the archives etc. but can't find anything on this -
      I'm sure it's me missing something but here goes anyway.....

      I'm writing a program that involves using both drawn and sprite
      graphics. The problem is that when drawing drawn graphics the origin
      of the graphics 'down '(Y) seems to be based from the physical top
      left of the screen while sprite graphics are based on the top left of
      the window.

      I can use a constant to do the adjustment on my own computer but if it
      is run another machine with a different screen size or resolution I'm
      not sure....Any words of wisdom gratefully received.

      Thanks in anticipation

      Martin Winser
    • Ben Jimenez
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
        Have you tried using a graphic window with no frame? this might help you out.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008

          > I'm writing a program that involves using both drawn and sprite
          > graphics. The problem is that when drawing drawn graphics the origin
          > of the graphics 'down '(Y) seems to be based from the physical top
          > left of the screen while sprite graphics are based on the top left of
          > the window.

          Both share the same origin, it is the top-left corner of the graphics area of the graphics window or control.

          What is causing the difference is, that sprites have their position defined in the top-left corner of the sprite image too.
          You may check, if the CENTERSPRITE command will adjust things so they match.