Re: [libertybasic] Seeking Circuit diagram.....

  • Lannie Walker
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 8, 2008
      I can't give you specifics but for years I subscribed to a periodical
      called "Nuts and Volts" and it was always filled with kits and complete
      microcontrollers. I liked it a lot. At the time I was involved in the
      design
      and programming if microcontroller circuits for embedded systems at my
      place of employment. Good luck
      Lannie Walker

      --
      www.lanniewalker.com
      http://lanniewalker.no-ip.biz (8:00Am - 11:00PM daily)
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 8, 2008
        Here is a link to a controller that sounds similar to what is being
        looked for:

        http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/elec/ck1610.htm

        It includes a schematic link that may help.

        Phillip

        zoomkat wrote:

        > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:libertybasic%40yahoogroups.com>, "torpidai" <torpidai@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I know it's not strictly LB, but as I'm aware LB can control all i/o
        > > ports from a machine, I'm looking for a circuit diagram to build an
        > i/o
        > > controler.
        > >
        > > Idealy I'd like a diagram that includes opto-isolators and 8 i/o
        > ports,
        > > but any diagram known to work would suffice.
        >
        > If you are talking about the computer parallel port, you need to do
        > some google searches. Lots of parallel port info sites like below.
        >
        > http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/parallel_output.html
        > <http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/parallel_output.html>
        > http://www.epanorama.net/links/project_pc.html#pc_parallel
        > <http://www.epanorama.net/links/project_pc.html#pc_parallel>

      • William Roggow
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 9, 2008
          Patric

          I know the web is world wide, but it would be nice if you included an
          English link for those of us who only speak English and are too old to learn
          a second language. What I saw looks good, even though I couldn't understand
          it.

          > Look at the interface, very cheap ans simple to build!

        • gnrshelton
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 9, 2008
            Are you talking about talking directly to a card plugged into the
            backplane? Advantech offered cards for ISA and PCI bus interface.
            Metrabyte was another that we used to run machines using QuickBasic
            and DOS. The interface card was usually just hardware latch that would
            freeze the bus data for use as outputs and read the input bits and put
            them onto the bus for input. You would send an 8bit value to the
            output port address and read an bit value from the input address,
            usually an offset from the actual board hardware address.
            Have fun,
            Gary

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "torpidai" <torpidai@...> wrote:

            > I know it's not strictly LB, but as I'm aware LB can control all i/o
            > ports from a machine, I'm looking for a circuit diagram to build an i/o
            > controler.
            >
            > Idealy I'd like a diagram that includes opto-isolators and 8 i/o ports,
            > but any diagram known to work would suffice.

          • Patric t'Kindt
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 9, 2008
              Be patience, I will translate it to English, alltough I am aged too... :-)
              There is a little explanation in English under the button FreeBasic.
              Freebasic is really not a concurrent of Liberty Basic: it is a lot faster, but it is almost impossible to make a decent graphic interface. Viva LB! Impatiently waiting for the little faster LB5...

              > Look at the interface, very cheap ans simple to build!

            • torpidai
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 10, 2008
                Looks Like Thats the one I'm after, TYVM all for all your help, some
                interesting projects for me to expand upon :)

                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Baker <prbaker1@...>
                wrote:

                > Here is a link to a controller that sounds similar to what is being
                > looked for:
                >
                > http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/elec/ck1610.htm
                >
                > It includes a schematic link that may help.
                >
                > Phillip
                >
                > zoomkat wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
                > > <mailto:libertybasic%40yahoogroups.com>, "torpidai" <torpidai@>
                wrote:

                > > > I know it's not strictly LB, but as I'm aware LB can control
                all i/o
                > > > ports from a machine, I'm looking for a circuit diagram to
                build an
                > > i/o
                > > > controler.
                > > >
                > > > Idealy I'd like a diagram that includes opto-isolators and 8 i/o
                > > ports,
                > > > but any diagram known to work would suffice.
                > >
                > > If you are talking about the computer parallel port, you need to
                do
                > > some google searches. Lots of parallel port info sites like below.
                > >
                > > http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/parallel_output.html
                > > <http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/parallel_output.html>
                > > http://www.epanorama.net/links/project_pc.html#pc_parallel
                > > <http://www.epanorama.net/links/project_pc.html#pc_parallel>

              • Art Granzeier
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 11, 2008
                  A lot of the information on the hardware is available at: http://www.taomc.com/bits2bots/%c2%a0 This is pretty basic and covers the material pretty well.

                  Another resource is Jan Axelson's Parallel Port Central at: www.lvr.com/parport.htm (Lakeview Research)  Also look for her book on the subject, Parallel Port Complete.  She also has lots of other hardware information.

                  Art

                • torpidai
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 11, 2008
                    Many thanks Art, a real "Dummies guide", just what my butchered
                    machines ordered, now where's that soldering iron :D