Files

  • Paul Layer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2008
      I have a program that I have been using, but now it doesn't want to
      close the file. Here is my code.

      OPEN "REPORT.DAT" FOR RANDOM AS #1 LEN = 20

      FIELD #1,_
      4 AS FAM,_
      4 AS AUD,_
      4 AS CHD,_
      4 AS VAH,_
      4 AS DON

      GET #1, 1
      FAM = FAM + 1: AUD = AUD + VAL(ADT$): CHD = CHD + VAL(CHILD$)
      PUT #1, 1

      CLOSE #1
      GOTO [BEGAIN]

      Now I get an error that says; Please add the appropriate close statement.

      Please help me with this.

      Thank you, Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2008

        > I have a program that I have been using, but now it doesn't want to
        > close the file. Here is my code.

        ---snip

        > Now I get an error that says; Please add the appropriate
        > close statement.

        There must be some more error messages.
        What did you change between the last time the program worked and now?

      • Paul Layer
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2008
          Thank you
          I have found the problem, I was trying to get from a file with nothing
          in it. Everything is back up and running.

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pendl"