Conforums boards are down tempory

  • Gordon Rahman
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2008
      Hi,

      The most popular Liberty BASIC and Just BASIC boards
      are down right now, for more than ten hours.

      I know that you can't live without them.

      Here is what John Davidson wrote:

      LB, JB, and the main Conforms message board are all down.
      I don't have a phone number anymore and the only e-mail
      address is one at conforums.com.
      I haven't heard as too the cause but it's starting to get scary...

      LBers can always post questions at The Official Liberty BASIC
      Support Group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/libertybasic/ , and
      I've opened a board at the JB archives,
      http://jbusers.com/phpBB/index.php , for JBers.

      Hopefully, this will be over soon!

      John

      I hope that the boards will get in the air soon again.

      Gordon
    • Gordon Rahman
      Message 2 of 11 , May 31, 2008
        The subject of this message should be:
        Conforums boards are down temporary

        Gordon

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Rahman"
        <dutch_gordon@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > The most popular Liberty BASIC and Just BASIC boards
        > are down right now, for more than ten hours.
        >
        > I know that you can't live without them.
        >
        > Here is what John Davidson wrote:
        >
        > LB, JB, and the main Conforms message board are all down.
        > I don't have a phone number anymore and the only e-mail
        > address is one at conforums.com.
        > I haven't heard as too the cause but it's starting to get scary...
        >
        > LBers can always post questions at The Official Liberty BASIC
        > Support Group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/libertybasic/ , and
        > I've opened a board at the JB archives,
        > http://jbusers.com/phpBB/index.php , for JBers.
        >
        > Hopefully, this will be over soon!
        >
        > John
        >
        > I hope that the boards will get in the air soon again.
        >
        > Gordon

      • Richard Russell
        Message 3 of 11 , May 31, 2008
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Rahman" wrote:
          > The subject of this message should be:
          > Conforums boards are down temporary

          Or even 'temporarily'!

          Richard.
        • Gordon Rahman
          Message 4 of 11 , May 31, 2008
            Hi Richard,

            I learned English long ago, should I try to get
            my school fees (my dictionary says: tiution) back?

            I always blamed my English schoolteacher!

            Okay, I will not put the blame on you when you
            teach me English and not just translating Dutch
            to English.
            I promise.

            Gordon.

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Russell" <yahoo@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Rahman" wrote:
            > > The subject of this message should be:
            > > Conforums boards are down temporary
            >
            > Or even 'temporarily'!
            >
            > Richard.

          • torpidai
            Message 5 of 11 , May 31, 2008
              Well, Whilst we are being pedantic, "I haven't heard as too the cause"
              I guess should be "I haven't heard as to the cause" lol.
            • Gordon Rahman
              Message 6 of 11 , May 31, 2008
                and I would:
                confirm that we are talking about the
                conforums message boards.

                ... p.s. how do you place a wink smiley here?

                Gordon.

                --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "torpidai" <torpidai@...> wrote:

                > Well, Whilst we are being pedantic, "I haven't heard as too the
                cause"
                > I guess should be "I haven't heard as to the cause" lol.

              • laurie camion
                Message 7 of 11 , May 31, 2008
                  conforums.com appears to be hosted by proboards.com and they are showing all their servers up http://www.proboards.com/server_status.html

                  interesting...

                  Gordon Rahman <dutch_gordon@...> wrote:

                  and I would:
                  confirm that we are talking about the
                  conforums message boards.

                  ... p.s. how do you place a wink smiley here?

                  Gordon.

                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "torpidai" <torpidai@...> wrote:

                  > Well, Whilst we are being pedantic, "I haven't heard as too the
                  cause"
                  > I guess should be "I haven't heard as to the cause" lol.

                • John Davidson
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 31, 2008
                    Easssy on buddy Gordon, the original post was mine and I usually take
                    more effort in spell and grammar checking.
                    In my defense, it is harder for me to form a readable post than most
                    folks and by the time it is readable it is also out of date...
                    To help me out i rited my own sprlling checker thing and it works
                    real good too...

                    Someday grandpas everywhere will setting in their rocking chairs
                    spinning tales about 'The Great Drought of 08'

                    "Yeppers, you whippersnappers sure got it easy today.

                    When I was your age I had write code barefooted in the snow.
                    I didn't have no Alyce's e-book, no fancy smancy LB assist and I
                    didn't need no Janet Terra to spoonfeed me stylebits.
                    We were tough then, we made our own stylebits.

                    A laptop with a spare set of batteries? Phooey!
                    I carried my desktop system on my back dragging extension cords
                    behind me.
                    Yep, you kids today wouldn't have lasted one minute in the The Great
                    Drought of 08'"

                    John
                  • Gordon Rahman
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 31, 2008
                      This are really important boards for the LB world.
                      I always wonder if the new members here will find
                      their way to these boards if we don't mension
                      them once in a while here.

                      The LB forum is at
                      http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi
                      and it has more messages then this Yahoo group
                      here has even though it's younger too.

                      http://justbasic.conforums.com/index.cgi
                      is the largest forum for JB

                      So when these boards are down like now, then
                      I'm in a bad mood. I hope that my mood will
                      change soon....

                      Gordon
                    • Bill Lopez
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 31, 2008
                        >A laptop with a spare set of batteries? Phooey!
                        >I carried my desktop system on my back dragging extension cords
                        >behind me.

                        Yeah, I remember those days, John. One morning when I was trudging through the ice and snow, I slipped on a patch of ice and three days of programming homework went all over the ground. Those "punch cards" wouldn't run worth crap after that!

                        Still, it was better than having to redo the homework on my abacus*. I've always believed beads were for hippies, or Mardi Gras in N'Ahhlins!

                        *abacus: An obsolete computing device, forerunner of modern solid-state components. Batteries not required.

                      • torpidai
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 31, 2008
                          >Those "punch cards" wouldn't run worth crap after
                          that!

                          Ha, "Punch cards"? you spilt brat, my ZX81 was only ever treated to a
                          16K expansion pack, and the only printer(affordable) at the time was a
                          2" thermal type, and even IF printed out, stapled to my homework sheet,
                          my father would have suggested it looked messy, so I was never allowed
                          one :(

                          >*abacus: An obsolete computing device, forerunner of modern solid-state
                          components. Batteries not required.

                          Say what you like about the abacus, When I was about 8 years old they
                          still used them in my local take away, and they were faster than any
                          damned barmaid with a calculator, by the time I was 10 I was working on
                          a system of calculations (in binary) using only finger movements (If I
                          had some toe dexterity.... lol)

                          Me, give me pebbles, scores(in "gated" 5 formation) and the old
                          calculators with handles (I had a rare credit card sized one of these
                          in my early days)