Version 4.04 Release Date...

  • scottc18704
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Hello,

      I know that there has been some talk back in January about Beta
      testing LB 4.04. However, I haven't heard anything since then. I
      tried to search this forum to make sure the topic hasn't come up, but
      I didn't find anything. Can anyone tell me the status of 4.04 and
      when it might be released? I am very anxious to upgrade to this
      release so that it will work better with Vista.

      Thank you,
      Scott Cywinski
      www.IDTelectronics.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008

        > I know that there has been some talk back in January about Beta
        > testing LB 4.04. However, I haven't heard anything since then. I
        > tried to search this forum to make sure the topic hasn't come up, but
        > I didn't find anything. Can anyone tell me the status of 4.04 and
        > when it might be released? I am very anxious to upgrade to this
        > release so that it will work better with Vista.

        Carl posted on the 24th of April at http://libertybasic.conforums.com/ the following:

        Okay, so I am finally about to release a first beta. To those who have sent me email asking to be a beta tester, your patience will
        soon be rewarded.

        Changes for Liberty BASIC v4.04 so far below. There will be more, to be sure. Please submit your favorite pet peeve bug if it isn't
        listed below.

        -Carl

        -Modified Liberty BASIC to place program and data files in the user data
        folder instead of inside the application folder when running under Vista.

        -Changed the name of lbasic400.ini to lbasic404.ini.

        -Changed the error message that can appear when creating an application
        from "Problem creating application..." to a more helpful "Problem
        creating application... If a file cannot be found, launch Liberty BASIC
        from the Start menu and try again."

        -Fixed. Using the debugger could sometimes result in a "hasMainWindow
        not understood" error.

        -Added STEP to the list of keywords recognized by the syntax colorer.

        -Fixed the tooltip for the release notes toolbar button to read 'Release
        Notes, Alt-H+R'

        -Fixed a problem with the selection of items in the Lesson Browser's
        outline list.

        -Fixed a problem where the compiler was not catching undefined constant
        names when used in a CALLDLL statement as a parameter.

        -Fixed a bug where the compiler would sometimes fail with an error
        "syntaxError: not understood"

        -Tighten up the detection of bad syntax. Here is an example of a line
        that blows up in v4.03 but which is properly flagged as a compile error
        in v4.04:

        for x = 1 to n%

        -Fixed an issue where sometimes deployed applications would fail with
        index outside collection bounds errors when a user defined SUB or
        FUNCTION called another user defined SUB or FUNCTION.

        -Changed the terminology when closing a program from "Terminate..." to
        "Close program..."

        -Closed a loophole in the type checking for functions in expressions.
        The following compiles in v4.03 but not in v4.04.

        print instr(3, "4")
        <<