RE: [libertybasic] boxbe

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 2007

      > Yeah, I got one, John. The guy on the other end has one of
      > those spam filters with HIP (Human Interface Proof). I don't
      > ever respond to those. If that guy wants to receive replies
      > from me... he'll turn the darn thing off. I don't need to
      > add my email address to another spammers list of "active
      > email addresses."

      Yes, got one too, don't know this service, so no reply ;-)

      Seems we are in spammers heaven >:-(

    • sarah@sldmodels.orangehome.co.uk
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 2007
        I've seen similar things, and it's essentialy an anti-spam service, but not sure if I want to trust it.

        > Yeah, I got one, John. The guy on the other end has one of
        > those spam filters with HIP (Human Interface Proof). I don't
        > ever respond to those. If that guy wants to receive replies
        > from me... he'll turn the darn thing off. I don't need to
        > add my email address to another spammers list of "active
        > email addresses."

        Yes, got one too, don't know this service, so no reply ;-)

        Seems we are in spammers heaven >:-(

      • Ron Spruell
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
          I did and I opened it but I did not type the little letters it wanted and so
          hope all is ok. Seemed it or he wanted me to reply so that I could be added
          to his safe list. Since I didn't know him and wondered why I received such
          an E-Mail I deleted it.

          Ron Spruell Sr.

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
            My feeling exactly, I don't know if it virus related or not if he won't
            replies he will have to turn it off. But it seemed like I had tried to
            contact him and then he sent this reply to tell me how to contact him. BUT I
            HAVE NOT SENT HIM ANY E-MAIL AND THE NAME THAT'S WHAT MADE ME DELETE IT and
            then start scanning my system for viruses and Trojans.

            Ron Spruell

            Yeah, I got one, John. The guy on the other end has one of those spam
            filters with HIP (Human Interface Proof). I don't ever respond to those. If
            that guy wants to receive replies from me... he'll turn the darn thing off.
            I don't need to add my email address to another spammers list of "active
            email addresses."

            Sheesh!

          • Ron Spruell
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
              You know John I'm not really that un-tolerant to any type of help message or
              reasonable messages here but if you are in this group the spam filter needs
              to be suppressed. What worried me and still does is usually I would receive
              this type of E-Mail from someone I tried to contact but I read a lot of
              E-Mail on this site but I don't reply to many since every topic is covered
              so well, so why would I receive an E-Mail from this guys when I hadn't sent
              one to him.

              Please advise Yahoo or whoever does that to delete these E-Mail since if
              one has a virus all do.

              Ron Spruell

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                John, it appears that every time someone post a message on this site now you
                receive a message back from boxbe or at least I do. I don't know about
                anyone one else but I don't want to receive this type of thing especially
                since I haven't contacted him.

                Ron Spruell

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                  "John, it appears that every time someone post a message on this site now you
                  receive a message back from boxbe or at least I do. I don't know about
                  anyone one else but I don't want to receive this type of thing especially
                  since I haven't contacted him. "

                  I have only received one message from BoxBe. I would suspect that any message received by the owner of that account, whether it's from Yahoo Groups or Aunt Edith would generate one of those BoxBe responses.... unless the culprit has added Yahoo Groups to his allowed list.

                  Instead of reducing spam, those confounded programs increase Internet traffic. When the account owner receives email from an unknown sender, a message is sent to the unknown sender, and if it is NOT a robot, then another message is sent back to the unknown sender to allow the email to be delivered. Now we have a total of three emails, instead of one. I guess that's called "inflation on the Internet." Perhaps it's some new government program to cut down on Internet traffic? We'll have to tell Senator BoxBe the plan isn't working. : - (

                • zoomkat
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                    --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "John Davidson"
                    <johnshomeport@...> wrote:

                    > Anyone else receiving notifications from boxbe when they post replies
                    > to this group?
                    > Yahoo mail flagged one of the attachments included the notification
                    as
                    > a virus.
                    >
                    > John

                    Since mohammed_kdy@... has made somewhat of a spam bot to spam
                    those that post, I suggest he be dropped from the group by the group
                    admin.