Parallel Port

  • Leo
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
      I have uploaded files to the "Parallel Ports" file.
      The .bas file is my current program to interface with
      the parallel port. Any improvements to the program
      is welcomed.
      Leo
    • William Roggow
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
        Leo

        Can you give a specific address instead of the "Parallel Ports" file that we
        may go to inorder to see your file?

        Thanks

        William Roggow

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
          This should be it...

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "William Roggow" <roggowb@...>
          wrote:

          > Leo
          >
          > Can you give a specific address instead of the "Parallel Ports"
          file that we
          > may go to inorder to see your file?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > William Roggow

        • Ron Spruell
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
            I was wondering about how much longer before a version of Liberty Basic will
            be out that will work on Vista without any tweeks

            I was just curious not a problem

            Ron Spruell

          • PETER LAIUSA
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 2, 2007
              Hello Icr,

              I went to your site and download your parallel port program. That is an excellent program, it work the first time I run it. MIRACLE... HAAHAHAH

              Can you tell me how it is being use for application sake.

              Many THANKS - Peter

            • Leo
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 3, 2007
                Hi Peter, Thanks, I am glad it worked for you. It is my first LB
                program. I had help from other members and gleaned info from other
                programs.
                I am now modifing a Analog to Digital circuit found on the web to use
                with the Parallel Port.
                Being a Ham, K9RSO, I will be experimenting with switching antenna
                configurations, then gathering info to display on graphs. A lot of
                the equipment and programms will be home brew. Hopefully all will be
                ready by spring to begin installing the antennas.
                I plan to update the group file from time to time.
                73, Leo

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2007

                  > I was wondering about how much longer before a version of
                  > Liberty Basic will
                  > be out that will work on Vista without any tweeks

                  LB4.04 should be released after Run BASIC Personal is released, there are currently no release dates, but RBP is in the beta testing
                  stage.

                • Bill Lopez
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2007
                    Sounds great, Stefan! I can hardly wait! My laptop has Vista (uugghh!) but my desktop still has XP. I'm not having any difficulty running LB 4.03 on Vista, but I assume an updated version will be better.

                    Will LB 4.04 be compatible with both systems, or will we installing separate versions?

                    Bill
                    maxxhuggs@...

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2007

                      > Sounds great, Stefan! I can hardly wait! My laptop has
                      > Vista (uugghh!) but my desktop still has XP. I'm not having
                      > any difficulty running LB 4.03 on Vista, but I assume an
                      > updated version will be better.
                      >
                      > Will LB 4.04 be compatible with both systems, or will we
                      > installing separate versions?

                      LB4.04 will include Vista compatibility and it will run fine on any Windows version between Win95 and Vista.
                      The changes needed are supported since Win95.