Re: [libertybasic] I also got no reply to my emails

  • Carl Gundel
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Joe,

      Sorry you didn't get answer from me personally, but that's what this
      forum is for. ;-)

      First, I recommand you upgrade to v4.03. It's better, and the upgrade
      is free. Just download and install it and it will work with your
      registration code.

      Two particular tips for making LB work on Vista.

      - Use the Run as administrator option to start Liberty BASIC when you
      want to apply the registration code. It should not be necessary to do
      this again after you enter the code.
      - Install it in a root folder like c:\lb4 instead of the Program Files
      folder. This won't be necessary in future releases.

      -Carl

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hi Carl - thx for the info.

        Problem is: the emails I sent were asking you to re-send my reg code
        which got lost when my XP machine died.

        I don't have a reg code.

        So, I'm stuck until you send me the reg code that matches order #
        U12794904.

        Joe PS what about the upload/download problem?

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Gundel" <carlg@...> wrote:

        > Hi Joe,
        >
        > Sorry you didn't get answer from me personally, but that's what this
        > forum is for. ;-)
        >
        > First, I recommand you upgrade to v4.03. It's better, and the
        upgrade
        > is free. Just download and install it and it will work with your
        > registration code.
        >
        > Two particular tips for making LB work on Vista.
        >
        > - Use the Run as administrator option to start Liberty BASIC when
        you
        > want to apply the registration code. It should not be necessary to
        do
        > this again after you enter the code.
        > - Install it in a root folder like c:\lb4 instead of the Program
        Files
        > folder. This won't be necessary in future releases.
        >
        > -Carl

      • Richard Russell
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Chergarj@... wrote:
          > HLP files may not work
          > in Windows VISTA; but CHM files are supposed to work in VISTA.

          I can confirm that HTML Help (.CHM) files work fine in Windows Vista.
          Of course Liberty Basic's help files are not .CHMs, they are .HLPs,
          and as you say Vista doesn't support them out-of-the-box.

          Carl has said he plans to release a version 4.04 of Liberty Basic to
          address this and other issues with Vista compatibility.

          Richard.
        • joejackson999_grrr
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2007
            All in all - it sounds as though the best option is to wait for 4.04

            Joe

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Russell" <yahoo@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Chergarj@ wrote:
            > > HLP files may not work
            > > in Windows VISTA; but CHM files are supposed to work in VISTA.
            >
            > I can confirm that HTML Help (.CHM) files work fine in Windows
            Vista.
            > Of course Liberty Basic's help files are not .CHMs, they are .HLPs,
            > and as you say Vista doesn't support them out-of-the-box.
            >
            > Carl has said he plans to release a version 4.04 of Liberty Basic
            > address this and other issues with Vista compatibility.
            >
            > Richard.

          • Frank Bonner
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2007
              A while back they were talking about Liberty Basic reaching 5.0! Can't see
              this happening unless it's a scam!
              Liberty Basic will not pass 4.5 just as Quick Basic did not! It's all
              politics and power on what the company wants to make!

              Frank Bonner
              I'm pretty sure that 4.02 does run on Vista, search this group for Vista to
              find what you need to do.

              Also, I think 4.03 is a free upgrade.

              Zack

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007

                > All in all - it sounds as though the best option is to wait for 4.04

                You can download WINHELP32 for Vista from M$.
                There is a temporary CHM file available from http://basic.wikispaces.com

              • carlgundel
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Bonner" <fwbonner@...>
                  wrote:

                  > A while back they were talking about Liberty Basic reaching 5.0!
                  Can't see
                  > this happening unless it's a scam!

                  Well, it's no scam. Just a matter of timing and of being pragmatic.
                  Sorry to keep you waiting, but there's no conspiracy.

                  > Liberty Basic will not pass 4.5 just as Quick Basic did not! It's all
                  > politics and power on what the company wants to make!

                  Politics and power? You are kidding, right?

                  -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
                • Steve Romshe
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
                    Actually, Quick Basic reached 7.1 I use it everyday.

                    carlgundel <carlg@...> wrote: --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Bonner" <fwbonner@...>