Re: [libertybasic] String Conversion

  • William E. Lopez
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2007
      As far as I know, you're correct, Steve. But you can effectively do the same thing with this workaround:

      [code]

      text$="The temperature in Miami was 85° on Tuesday." 32, 1)
      FOR k=1 TO LEN(text$)
      IF MID$(text$, k, 1)=CHR$(176) THEN
      out$=out$+"" 'delete the character
      ELSE
      out$=out$+MID$(text$, k, 1) 'concatenate the new string for output
      END IF
      NEXT k
      PRINT text$
      PRINT out$

      END

      [/code]

    • William E. Lopez
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2007
        Ooops, small typo...

        text$="The temperature in Miami was 85° on Tuesday." 32, 1)

        There should be no characters after "...Tuesday."

        Fouled up on the editing after copying and pasting into email.