Sample Invoice Style Printout - ?

  • John Roberts
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
      Does anyone know of any way - using 3rd party stuff if necessary - or
      whatever that we can produce output to the printer to look like this ?

      http://z621.tripod.com/id11.html

      * * *

      I have already looked at :

      http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/nl122/ddoc.htm

      and Newletter 122

      and Eldron Gill's excellent work at

      http://www.greatwebdivide.com/software.htm

      - was just hoping for some kind of report writer thingy like
      Crystal Reports or I don't know what.

      Thanks.
    • JanetTerra
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
        If you are reasonably well versed in HTML and can develop a bit of
        parsing, you can set up your form using your GUI, capture the
        contents of the textboxes, then write an HTML form. Print your HTML
        form with Alyce's LBBrowse3.dll and you're good to go.
        Check out Mike Bradbury's demo in the same LB Newsletters. You'll
        need to download the archive for the full demo.

        http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/nl137/browsedata.htm

        Be sure to obtain the most recent dll at Alyce's site

        http://alycesrestaurant.com

        Janet

        Hmmm... Thinking an expansion of Mike's article might make a nice
        LBPE addition. :)

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "John Roberts" <z621371@...>
        wrote:

        > Does anyone know of any way - using 3rd party stuff if necessary -
        or
        > whatever that we can produce output to the printer to look like
        this ?

        > http://z621.tripod.com/id11.html
        >
        > * * *
        >
        > I have already looked at :
        >
        > http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/nl122/ddoc.htm
        >
        > and Newletter 122
        >
        > and Eldron Gill's excellent work at
        >
        > http://www.greatwebdivide.com/software.htm
        >
        > - was just hoping for some kind of report writer thingy like
        > Crystal Reports or I don't know what.
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2007
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "JanetTerra" <janetterra@...>
          wrote:

          > If you are reasonably well versed in HTML and can develop a bit of
          > parsing, you can set up your form using your GUI, capture the
          > contents of the textboxes, then write an HTML form. Print your
          HTML
          > form with Alyce's LBBrowse3.dll and you're good to go.
          > Check out Mike Bradbury's demo in the same LB Newsletters. You'll
          > need to download the archive for the full demo.
          >
          > http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/nl137/browsedata.htm
          >
          > Be sure to obtain the most recent dll at Alyce's site
          >
          > http://alycesrestaurant.com
          >
          > Janet
          >
          > Hmmm... Thinking an expansion of Mike's article might make a nice
          > LBPE addition. :)

          Demo using embedded browser & HTML to print an invoice -
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/libertybasic/files/M.Bradbury/LBinvoice
          s.zip (this link may wrap over 2 lines!)

          Janet - I don't have time to produce a Wiki article right now, but
          you are welcome to adapt the above demo if you wish to do an article.

          Mike.
        • JanetTerra
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2007
            Thanks, Mike. Already working on it. :)