Copy File then Rename it

  • Michael Medellin
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
      Where do I find the code to copy a file then rename it within the exe I
      create?
    • William E. Lopez
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
        Code? Are you writing your own "file packaging routine" to automate the procedure? If so, check the help file for FILECOPY. There have been several packaging routines written, and perhaps the best is Alyce Johnson's found in LB Workshop.

        If you're simply trying to create an EXE file, most people first create a folder to hold their TKN and supporting files. Then, using Explorer, highlight the files you wish to copy, right-click the mouse and choose copy, then place your mouse in the project folder, right-click and choose paste.

        Following that, right-click your LB run file, choose rename, and enter the exact name of your TKN file, using the file extension EXE.

      • Chergarj@cs.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
          In a message dated 02/28/2007 6:25:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          280z@... writes:
          > Where do I find the code to copy a file then rename it within the exe I
          > create?

          Look for the NAME or NAME...As command; something about handling files..

          G C

        • Michael Medellin
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "William E. Lopez"
            <maxxhuggs@...> wrote:

            > Code? Are you writing your own "file packaging routine" to
            automate the procedure? If so, check the help file for FILECOPY.
            There have been several packaging routines written, and perhaps the
            best is Alyce Johnson's found in LB Workshop.

            > If you're simply trying to create an EXE file, most people first
            create a folder to hold their TKN and supporting files. Then, using
            Explorer, highlight the files you wish to copy, right-click the mouse
            and choose copy, then place your mouse in the project folder, right-
            click and choose paste.

            > Following that, right-click your LB run file, choose rename, and
            enter the exact name of your TKN file, using the file extension EXE.

            Yes writing/creating my own exe. thanks for the info.
          • Michael Medellin
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
              --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Chergarj@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 02/28/2007 6:25:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
              > 280z@... writes:
              > > Where do I find the code to copy a file then rename it within the
              exe I
              > > create?
              > >

              > Look for the NAME or NAME...As command; something about handling
              files..

              > G C

              I think I know what you mean.