Re: [libertybasic] crazy problem

  • Eren KUTLUAY
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hi..
      This may happen if you are redimensioning the same variable in a different part of program without being aware.. Also be careful to use the same letter syntax (Uppercase-lovercase) while using variables, since variables with different syntax, behaves like different variables..
      ( Variables A$ and a$ are NOT the same.)

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, jose hernandez
        <jjh2000_100@...> wrote:

        > Maybe you have an error in the file you access, check the file
        structure.

        > Jose

        Make sure you Dim right at the start of the program and cant jump
        into master$() before it is dimmed. Also make sure spelling is
        correct not Master$() master$()
      • Gordon
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
          I seem to remember on occasion I managed to use say DIM x$(1000) for a
          large array but as you found I was not able to use all the 1000
          elements of the array due to not having sufficient RAM installed.

          So run a simple test such as

          Dim master$(1434)
          For test = 1 to 1434
          master$(test) = "Just testing space "
          print test;" OK"
          next
          print " All OK"

          Gordon S.
        • muttwalton
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
            Thanks to all who tried to help. Can all of you say "Dumb Ass" at
            one time?

            I'm so embarrased!

            Dim Master$(1434)

            master$(114) error subscript out of range....

            anybody now see what the problem is...? When I saw this I felt like
            an idiot. I asked for help and didn't even have the problem right.

            Master$ and master$ are not the same...Sorry guys...But thanks again
            for the responses!! I finally figured it out.

            Regards,
            Mutt

            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon" <gordonsweet2000@...>
            wrote:

            > I seem to remember on occasion I managed to use say DIM x$(1000)
            for a
            > large array but as you found I was not able to use all the 1000
            > elements of the array due to not having sufficient RAM installed.
            >
            > So run a simple test such as
            >
            > Dim master$(1434)
            > For test = 1 to 1434
            > master$(test) = "Just testing space "
            > print test;" OK"
            > next
            > print " All OK"
            >
            > Gordon S.

          • Stefan Pendl
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

              > I'm so embarrased!
              >
              > Dim Master$(1434)
              >
              > master$(114) error subscript out of range....
              >
              > Master$ and master$ are not the same...Sorry guys...But
              > thanks again for the responses!! I finally figured it out.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Mutt

              Mutt,
              don't feel so bad ;-)
              This type of mistake will kick ones ass every now and then and it happens to
              all of us.
              You are in good company ;-D