Re: [libertybasic] crazy problem

  • Eren KUTLUAY
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hi..
      This may happen if you are redimensioning the same variable in a different part of program without being aware.. Also be careful to use the same letter syntax (Uppercase-lovercase) while using variables, since variables with different syntax, behaves like different variables..
      ( Variables A$ and a$ are NOT the same.)

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
        Maybe you have an error in the file you access, check the file structure.

        Jose

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, jose hernandez
          <jjh2000_100@...> wrote:

          > Maybe you have an error in the file you access, check the file
          structure.

          > Jose

          Make sure you Dim right at the start of the program and cant jump
          into master$() before it is dimmed. Also make sure spelling is
          correct not Master$() master$()
        • Gordon
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
            I seem to remember on occasion I managed to use say DIM x$(1000) for a
            large array but as you found I was not able to use all the 1000
            elements of the array due to not having sufficient RAM installed.

            So run a simple test such as

            Dim master$(1434)
            For test = 1 to 1434
            master$(test) = "Just testing space "
            print test;" OK"
            next
            print " All OK"

            Gordon S.
          • muttwalton
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
              Thanks to all who tried to help. Can all of you say "Dumb Ass" at
              one time?

              I'm so embarrased!

              Dim Master$(1434)

              master$(114) error subscript out of range....

              anybody now see what the problem is...? When I saw this I felt like
              an idiot. I asked for help and didn't even have the problem right.

              Master$ and master$ are not the same...Sorry guys...But thanks again
              for the responses!! I finally figured it out.

              Regards,
              Mutt

              --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon" <gordonsweet2000@...>
              wrote:

              > I seem to remember on occasion I managed to use say DIM x$(1000)
              for a
              > large array but as you found I was not able to use all the 1000
              > elements of the array due to not having sufficient RAM installed.
              >
              > So run a simple test such as
              >
              > Dim master$(1434)
              > For test = 1 to 1434
              > master$(test) = "Just testing space "
              > print test;" OK"
              > next
              > print " All OK"
              >
              > Gordon S.

            • Stefan Pendl
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006

                > I'm so embarrased!
                >
                > Dim Master$(1434)
                >
                > master$(114) error subscript out of range....
                >
                > Master$ and master$ are not the same...Sorry guys...But
                > thanks again for the responses!! I finally figured it out.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Mutt

                Mutt,
                don't feel so bad ;-)
                This type of mistake will kick ones ass every now and then and it happens to
                all of us.
                You are in good company ;-D