Re: 3d surface creating?

  • tornacionurcimen
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 2, 2006
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Victor Faria" <victorf57@...> wrote:

      > I would also be interested in pictures and??? else.
      > victor

      you're able to get smooth enough pulses out the parallel port using
      Liberty Basic. Have you seen any hiccups or timing problems with the
      pulses? What is the fastest pulse rate you can sustain with LB (with
      no dropouts or missing pulses) through the parallel port?

      > Are you planning on releasing your source code at all? One of the
      projects I've been working on (super slowly) is a Liberty Basic driven
      CNC machine, but I use a USB microcontroller to generate the actual
      pulses to the motors. My Liberty Basic front end is really very simple
      right now, all it understand is HPGL. I want it to be able to read
      G-code files eventually, and it sounds like you've already gotten that
      part working!

      > I would LOVE to see some pictures of your setup, and what your
      machine's speed, repeatability and accuracy are.

      > Very impressive-
      >
      > *Brian

      i am uploading some images and videos from my graduate project
      formerly i taken
      http://rapidshare.com/files/1650369/soncncfreze.zip.zip.html

      for running the source code ,copy this cncfreze folder in to c:
      http://rapidshare.com/files/1652012/cncfreze.zip.html
      formerly i was using normal driver for motors and machine has very
      friction on screws therefore motors are very slow .in slow motion
      motors give more torque.

      formerly i had timing problem with parallel port.i was using 16f84
      with 4 mhz cyrstal and refresh rate was not sufficient some dir and
      step signals being lost. i solve this problem with for next loop

      for example

      for fast working for slow working
      for i=1 to 10 for i=1 to 100
      next i next i
      with this way i have no missing pulses and i can change the motor
      speed.for faster running you can change 4mhz cyrstal with 10mhz
      crystal for fast refreshrate.

      motors are working continueosly but smooth.

      i constructed this machine in 3 months from pantograph machine.
      resolution 0,001875mm/step
      repeability 0.5 mm
      backlash 0.2mm x axis 0.15 y axis 0.25 mm z axis [formerly i
      didn't have any idea about backlash compensation :( ]

      ONUR
    • tornacionurcimen
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2006
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Victor Faria" <victorf57@...> wrote:

        > WOW!!
        > I didn't think Lbasic would be fast enough for cnc controlling?
        > Are you controlling or Just path simulating??
        > Victor

        not so fast but enough for home useage.
        i'm controlling machine and simulating path.

        you will ask "why do you programmed this control software in lb?"
        i can explane

        i know qbasic , lb is very simple for me
        with lb i can programming windows applications.
        i tried to learn visual basic but can't.
        visual basic is miscellaneously than lb
        and with lb i do everything what i want to do in visualbasic.
      • Omega Alfa
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 2, 2006
          Sevgili Adaþým,

          Çok güzel bir çalýþma yapmýþsýn, tebrik ederim.

          Congradulations on the excellent job you have done !

          As for comments about the speed of LibertyBasic, I can
          say that it is very, very fast. I have written many applications
          which are time sensitive and made stress tests with IP
          communication servers and smartcard applications. Everything
          runs very fast and smoothly.

          When you make hardware interfacing, IP comms, smartcards,
          etc, you are almost always falling down to system level in
          Windows with DLL calls.

          When you work at this level, there is not significant difference
          between Liberty Basic and other languages as effectively performance
          related functions are called from DLLs.

          Liberty Basic provides just an easy scripting, shell, GUI layer
          to complement your lower level code which I believe is very
          easy to make.

          It wouldn't be hard to drive a serial port at 115KBPS. If that speed
          is not enough then you can make TCP/IP sockets interfacing with
          100 megabits per second. That should be fast enough.

          Let's wait for the improved versions of this nice CNC software !

          Onur Alver
          CryptoMan

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2006
            onur bey yorumunuz için teþekkür ederim.
            anlattýðýnýz þeylerden profesyonel olarak bu iþle ilgilendiðiniz belli.
            iletiþim hýzý arttýrýmý hakkýnda elinizde döküman mevcutsa
            yolayabilirseniz sevinirim.
            ayrýca merakýmý baðýþlayýn , kripto ile ilgilendiðinize göre
            mesleðiniz nedir?

            saygýlarýmla
            ONUR ÇÝMEN

            > Sevgili Adaþým,
            >
            > Çok güzel bir çalýþma yapmýþsýn, tebrik ederim.
            >
            > Congradulations on the excellent job you have done !
            >
            > As for comments about the speed of LibertyBasic, I can
            > say that it is very, very fast. I have written many applications
            > which are time sensitive and made stress tests with IP
            > communication servers and smartcard applications. Everything
            > runs very fast and smoothly.
            >
            > When you make hardware interfacing, IP comms, smartcards,
            > etc, you are almost always falling down to system level in
            > Windows with DLL calls.
            >
            > When you work at this level, there is not significant difference
            > between Liberty Basic and other languages as effectively performance
            > related functions are called from DLLs.
            >
            > Liberty Basic provides just an easy scripting, shell, GUI layer
            > to complement your lower level code which I believe is very
            > easy to make.
            >
            > It wouldn't be hard to drive a serial port at 115KBPS. If that speed
            > is not enough then you can make TCP/IP sockets interfacing with
            > 100 megabits per second. That should be fast enough.
            >
            > Let's wait for the improved versions of this nice CNC software !
            >

            > Onur Alver
            > CryptoMan
            >
            > tornacionurcimen <onurcimen@...> wrote:
            > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Victor Faria"
            <victorf57@> wrote:

            > > WOW!!
            > > I didn't think Lbasic would be fast enough for cnc controlling?
            > > Are you controlling or Just path simulating??
            > > Victor

          • carlgundel
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 4, 2006
              --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "tornacionurcimen"
              <onurcimen@...> wrote:

              > hi everyone
              > i wrote my own cnc control program in lb4.01.
              > i want to add 3d simulation of the nc program code in my control
              > software.i can now create the isometricview of toolpath with lines
              but
              > i can't create any surface.i know,i have to create shadows for 3d
              view
              > but i can't.
              > have anyone any idea or algorithm for this situation ?
              >
              > a simple example
              > you will see in this screenshot a machinetool,this is not a 3dview
              > only a sprite.i am captured this sprite from solidworks.
              >
              > http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4110/isote5.jpg

              This is very nice indeed! I used to write CNC software in BASIC in
              the 1980's including a special CNC editor and machine simulator, but
              it was 2D only. We used it in a circuitboard shop to verify the
              correctness of programs visually before making the test piece.
              Saved lots of time and fiberglass! :-)

              Would you consider putting a web page online to show off your
              project?

              -Carl