LB, CRC and my struggles

  • Cefitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      Hi, I'm having some trouble getting an API call to work out.

      I'm using a freeware CRC dll called FastCRC (very easily located on the
      net), and the helpfile has information about calling the DLL through
      C++ and VB, but I'm struggling to get it to work through LB. I don't
      know either C++ or VB so I'm already behind the 8 ball.

      Just in case anyone needs more information, I am trying to compute the
      CRC-16 on a hexadecimal string "FD 88". From using online calculators
      I know that the CRC for this string is "6A 41" but I am not going to be
      using the original string all the time, hence my need to try and work
      this out. Any help is hugely appreciated!

      If anyone knows of another way to compute a standard CRC-16 with LB,
      I'm all ears, because I don't necessarily need to use FastCRC.

      Thanks all!

      Cefitt