Networking

  • adelphospro2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006
      Hey, Im working on a risk-like game (I will make the game avalible
      when it's finished... If ever :-)) and I was wondering if there is any
      way to let 2 (or more) computers 'talk' over a network. Thanks! ~ADP
    • Brent Thorn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "adelphospro2000"
        <adelphospro2000@...> wrote:

        > Hey, Im working on a risk-like game (I will make the game avalible
        > when it's finished... If ever :-)) and I was wondering if there is any
        > way to let 2 (or more) computers 'talk' over a network. Thanks! ~ADP

        Hello,

        For two players, peer-to-peer would probably work best. For more than
        two, you would probably find a client-server setup easier to implement.

        I wrote a simplistic multiplayer number-guessing game that could be
        used as a starting-point for a server. It's available at
        <http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbf_dnload.php>. Look
        for "telnet_hilo_1_01.zip".

        A client is relatively simple using the mesock32 DLL. The LB Conforums
        (http://libertybasic.conforums.com/) has several postings about using
        it to make custom clients, in the "Networking and Internet" board.

        Brent

        Plug:
        New Winsock Programming forum at http://www.b6sw.com/forum/
      • adelphospro2000