Phidget USB Interface Kit 8/8/8

  • Bob - K9ZLU
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7, 2006
      Has anyone tried to use the Phidget USB Interface kit with Liberty
      Basic? This is a USB ADQ board with 8 analog inputs and 8 digital
      inputs and 8 digital outputs. One can find this device at
      www.Phidgets.com. After several tries, the phidigit20.dll file does
      not function the same as the Velleman K8088D.dll used with the Velleman
      USB ADQ card which works with LB. Thanks for reading and any comments.

      Bob
    • pendl2megabit
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 7, 2006

        > Has anyone tried to use the Phidget USB Interface kit with Liberty
        > Basic? This is a USB ADQ board with 8 analog inputs and 8 digital
        > inputs and 8 digital outputs. One can find this device at
        > www.Phidgets.com. After several tries, the phidigit20.dll file does
        > not function the same as the Velleman K8088D.dll used with the Velleman
        > USB ADQ card which works with LB. Thanks for reading and any comments.
        >
        > Bob

        I am just guessing here, but the dll might receive some COM objects, which
        LB is unable to create.
        Without seeing the function declarations, it is impossible to help.

      • Robert Luetzow
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 14, 2006
          Hi Stephen and everyone else. After playing around
          with my DAQ program and getting nothing done fast, I
          will fly the help wanted flag on this one. Shown below
          is the "simple C" demo program for this usb DAQ
          board. I have the phidiget20.dll and if needed the
          phidget20.h files in the LB folder. Is there a simple
          LB4 program file that is equal to this simple C file.
          This C file should read the analog to digital
          converter chip and print the reading on the computer
          screen.

          #include "phidget20.h"

          int gotSensor(CPhidgetInterfaceKitHandle phid, void
          *meh, int ind, int val)

          {
          Printf("Got Sensor Change: %i\n",val);
          return 0;
          }

          int main (int argc, const char * argv[])
          {
          int something;

          CPhidgetInterfaceKitHandle ifkit;
          CPhidgetInterfaceKit_create(&ifkit);
          CPhidget_open(ifkit, -1);

          CPhidgetInterfaceKit_setOnSensorChange_Handler(ifkit,
          &gotSensor, &something;
          while(1)
          {
          CPhidgetInterfaceKit_read(ifkit);
          CPhidgetInterfaceKit_read(ifkit);
          }
          }

          Thanks to everyone for reading this and all
          suggestions are welcomed.

          Bob

          --- pendl2megabit <pendl2megabit@...> wrote:

          > > Has anyone tried to use the Phidget USB Interface
          > kit with Liberty
          > > Basic? This is a USB ADQ board with 8 analog
          > inputs and 8 digital
          > > inputs and 8 digital outputs. One can find this
          > device at
          > > www.Phidgets.com. After several tries, the
          > phidigit20.dll file does
          > > not function the same as the Velleman K8088D.dll
          > used with the Velleman
          > > USB ADQ card which works with LB. Thanks for
          > reading and any comments.
          > >
          > > Bob
          >
          > I am just guessing here, but the dll might receive
          > some COM objects, which
          > LB is unable to create.
          > Without seeing the function declarations, it is
          > impossible to help.
          >
          > ---

          > Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:
          > http://messenger.yahoo.de

          > --------------------~-->
          > You can search right from your browser? It's easy
          > and it's free. See how.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

        • pendl2megabit
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 22, 2006

            > Hi Stephen and everyone else. After playing around with my
            > DAQ program and getting nothing done fast, I will fly the
            > help wanted flag on this one. Shown below is the "simple C"
            > demo program for this usb DAQ board. I have the
            > phidiget20.dll and if needed the phidget20.h files in the LB
            > folder. Is there a simple
            > LB4 program file that is equal to this simple C file.
            > This C file should read the analog to digital converter chip
            > and print the reading on the computer screen.

            Bob,
            I used the C_API_Manual.pdf and the phidget20.h header file for
            borlandc to convert the example to LB.
            I changed it to use a for..next loop and to close the interface properly.

            '---code start
            open "phidget20.h" for dll as #phidget20

            struct CPhidgetHandle, value as ulong

            calldll #phidget20, "CPhidgetInterfaceKit_create",_
            CPhidgetHandle as struct,_
            result as void

            ifkit = CPhidgetHandle.value.struct

            calldll #phidget20, "CPhidget_open",_
            ifkit as ulong,_
            -1 as long,_
            result as ulong

            callback gotSensorAddress, gotSensor(ulong, ulong, long, long), ulong

            calldll #phidget20, "CPhidgetInterfaceKit_set_OnSensorChange_Handler",_
            ifkit as ulong,_
            gotSensorAddress as ulong,_
            _NULL as ulong,_
            result as ulong

            for count = 1 to 10
            calldll #phidget20, "CPhidgetInterfaceKit_read",_
            ifkit as ulong,_
            result as ulong
            calldll #phidget20, "CPhidgetInterfaceKit_read",_
            ifkit as ulong,_
            result as ulong
            next

            calldll #phidget20, "CPhidget_close",_
            ifkit as ulong,_
            result as ulong

            close #phidget20
            end

            function gotSensor(CPhidgetInterfaceKitHandle, meh, ind, val)
            print "Got Sensor Change: "; val
            gotSensor = 0
            end function
            '---code end

          • Robert Luetzow
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 24, 2006
              Thank you Stephen:
              I will work with this as soon as I get home. I am in
              Cambridge, UK at this time and I will be returning
              home to Texas on Thursday. The company I work for has
              a "Think Tank Office" in the Cambridge area. How far
              are you from Cambridge?
              Thanks again for your effort,
              Bob
              bob@luetzow
              www.luetzow.us

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

            • Robert Luetzow
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 24, 2006
                Email is bob@...

                --- Robert Luetzow <pilot398rl@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > next
                > >
                > > calldll #phidget20, "CPhidget_close",_
                > > ifkit as ulong,_
                > > result as ulong
                > >
                > > close #phidget20
                > > end
                > >
                > > function gotSensor(CPhidgetInterfaceKitHandle,
                > meh,
                > > ind, val)
                > > print "Got Sensor Change: "; val
                > > gotSensor = 0
                > > end function
                > > '---code end
                > >
                > > ---
                > > Stefan Pendl

                > > Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:
                > > http://messenger.yahoo.de

                > > --------------------~-->
                > > See what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

                > --------------------~-->
                > Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

              • pendl2megabit
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 26, 2006
                  > Thank you Stephen:
                  > I will work with this as soon as I get home. I am in
                  > Cambridge, UK at this time and I will be returning
                  > home to Texas on Thursday. The company I work for has
                  > a "Think Tank Office" in the Cambridge area. How far
                  > are you from Cambridge?
                  > Thanks again for your effort,
                  > Bob
                  > bob@luetzow
                  > www.luetzow.us

                  Bob,
                  hope it will work for you, since I can't test it, but I had some
                  success with MIDI API calls too, without having a MIDI device ;-)
                  From Windischgarsten, Austria it is about 1400 km to Cambridge.

                • philipjustletmein
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2006
                    --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Bob - K9ZLU" <pilot398rl@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Has anyone tried to use the Phidget USB Interface kit with Liberty
                    > Basic? This is a USB ADQ board with 8 analog inputs and 8 digital
                    > inputs and 8 digital outputs. One can find this device at
                    > www.Phidgets.com. After several tries, the phidigit20.dll file does
                    > not function the same as the Velleman K8088D.dll used with the
                    Velleman
                    > USB ADQ card which works with LB. Thanks for reading and any
                    comments.

                    > Bob

                    hi just read this cannot answer the questions but i could do with the
                    sysntax for operation of the k8088d.dll for lb?????

                    got a card but cannot get lb to access the card? plse help???
                  • John Fisher
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 30, 2006
                      Do you mean the K8055 card? That works beautifully in LB (see earlier posts)
                      I can't trace a K8088 card...

                      >hi just read this cannot answer the questions but i could do with the
                      >sysntax for operation of the k8088d.dll for lb?????
                      >
                      >got a card but cannot get lb to access the card? plse help???

                    • vishankapraveen
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 30, 2006

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 30, 2006
                          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, John Fisher <taunton@...> wrote:

                          > Do you mean the K8055 card? That works beautifully in LB (see
                          earlier posts)
                          > I can't trace a K8088 card...
                          >

                          > >hi just read this cannot answer the questions but i could do with
                          the
                          > >sysntax for operation of the k8088d.dll for lb?????
                          > >
                          > >got a card but cannot get lb to access the card? plse help???

                          many thanks found the code going to give it a try?????