Converting v1.43 program to v4.03

  • bridgepard952
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
      My old LB1.42 program used ctl3d.dll. Is there a 32 bit replacement
      for this?

      Also noted a funny thing. When I loaded the old LB1.42 source into
      v4.03 it took these lines

      for x=1 to 10
      for y=1 to 10
      do something
      next y
      next x

      and changed them to

      for x=1 to 10
      for y=1 to 10
      do something
      next x
      next y

      In every case LB4.03 inverted the next x and next y
    • Bill Beasley
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
        bridgepard952 wrote:

        >My old LB1.42 program used ctl3d.dll. Is there a 32 bit replacement
        >for this?

        Microsoft Windows 3.1x/9x/NT/2000/ME/XP 3D Control Libraries (DLLs)
        v2.31 for 3D effects: CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3D32S.DLL + CTL3DV2.DLL.
        http://ftp.mdgx.com/files/3DCTRLS.ZIP

        Regards,
        Bill Beasley
      • Mubin Aktan
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
          Does anybody know any AI program implemented in LB? Expert systems or neural networks etc...

        • carlgundel
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
            --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "bridgepard952"
            <lornerussell@...> wrote:
            > Also noted a funny thing. When I loaded the old LB1.42 source
            into
            > v4.03 it took these lines
            >
            > for x=1 to 10
            > for y=1 to 10
            > do something
            > next y
            > next x
            >
            > and changed them to
            >
            > for x=1 to 10
            > for y=1 to 10
            > do something
            > next x
            > next y
            >
            > In every case LB4.03 inverted the next x and next y

            Liberty BASIC v4.03 doesn't change anything in your source file. It
            only loads the code into the editor. After all, it is just a text
            file.

            -Carl
          • Gordon Sweet
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
              REF TO
              Message: 9
              Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:58:01 -0800 (PST)
              From: Mubin Aktan <biyokuantum@...>
              Subject: Artificial Intelligence in LB?

              I have the original Ancient Freeware DOS program Eliza that still runs under Windows XP. You or anyone is welcome to a copy if you email me direct.

              Gordon