AW: [libertybasic] caret, no highlight

  • pendl2megabit
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2006

      > Could you recommend an API help source that would give the details of the
      > parameters, such as you listed here?
      >
      > I have "API Viewer 2004" and "Borland Win32 Help," but they don't spell it
      > out.
      >
      > Bill J.

      Bill,
      here is the information from the Borland API Help:

      An application sends an EM_SETSEL message to select a range of characters in
      an edit control.

      EM_SETSEL
      wParam = (WPARAM) (INT) nStart; // starting position
      lParam = (LPARAM) (INT) nEnd; // ending position

      Parameters

      nStart

      Value of wParam. Specifies the starting character position of the selection.

      nEnd

      Specifies the ending character position of the selection.

      Return Values

      This message does not return a value.

      Remarks

      In a rich edit control, if the selection is not entirely contained in the
      first 64K, use the message EM_EXSETSEL.
      If the nStart parameter is 0 and the nEnd parameter is -1, all the text in
      the edit control is selected. If nStart is -1, any current selection is
      removed. The caret is placed at the end of the selection indicated by the
      greater of the two values nEnd and nStart.
      In previous versions of Windows, the wParam parameter is a flag that is set
      to FALSE to scroll the caret into view or set to TRUE to omit the scrolling.
      A Win32-based application should use the EM_SCROLLCARET message to scroll
      the caret into view.

      In earlier versions of Windows, the starting and ending positions of the
      selection are indicated by the low- and high-order words, respectively, of
      the lParam parameter.
      <<

      I don't know hat is missing ???

    • bbjen@hotPOP.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2006
        At 11:23 PM 1/2/06 +0100, you wrote:

        >> Could you recommend an API help source that would give the details of the
        >> parameters, such as you listed here?
        >>
        >> I have "API Viewer 2004" and "Borland Win32 Help," but they don't spell it
        >> out.
        >>
        >> Bill J.
        >
        >Bill,
        > here is the information from the Borland API Help:
        >>>
        >An application sends an EM_SETSEL message to select a range of characters in
        >an edit control.
        >
        >EM_SETSEL
        >wParam = (WPARAM) (INT) nStart; // starting position
        >lParam = (LPARAM) (INT) nEnd; // ending position
        >

        >Parameters
        >
        >nStart
        >
        >Value of wParam. Specifies the starting character position of the selection.
        >
        >nEnd
        >
        >Specifies the ending character position of the selection.
        >

        >Return Values
        >
        >This message does not return a value.
        >
        >Remarks
        >
        >In a rich edit control, if the selection is not entirely contained in the
        >first 64K, use the message EM_EXSETSEL.
        >If the nStart parameter is 0 and the nEnd parameter is -1, all the text in
        >the edit control is selected. If nStart is -1, any current selection is
        >removed. The caret is placed at the end of the selection indicated by the
        >greater of the two values nEnd and nStart.
        >In previous versions of Windows, the wParam parameter is a flag that is set
        >to FALSE to scroll the caret into view or set to TRUE to omit the scrolling.
        >A Win32-based application should use the EM_SCROLLCARET message to scroll
        >the caret into view.
        >
        >In earlier versions of Windows, the starting and ending positions of the
        >selection are indicated by the low- and high-order words, respectively, of
        >the lParam parameter.
        ><<
        >
        >I don't know hat is missing ???
        >
        >---
        >Stefan Pendl

        Where can I download what you have? My Borland doesn't have all those
        details. Maybe I corrupted it somehow.

        Thanks, Bill J.
      • pendl2megabit
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 2, 2006

          > Where can I download what you have? My Borland doesn't have all those
          > details. Maybe I corrupted it somehow.
          >
          > Thanks, Bill J.

          Bill,
          I use the one announced at
          http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=api&action=display&num=107
          7022926

          Quote:

          If you are searching for a free most up to date offline API reference go to:
          http://info.borland.com/techpubs/bcppbuilder/v5/updates/ent.html
          and download B5MS.ZIP
          This includes the whole Win32 API documentation including .cnt files for
          finding information easier, using the index, contentslist and search.
          It has a total size of 17.65 MB, but is worth downloading.
          <<

          I used the index and typed: em_sets -> EM_SETSEL ways highlited and the
          description was found.

          The main file of this destribution is: "WIN32SDK.HLP"

          What do you use ???

        • bbjen@hotPOP.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 3, 2006
            At 02:21 AM 1/3/06 +0100, you wrote:

            >I used the index and typed: em_sets -> EM_SETSEL ways highlited and the
            >description was found.

            THAT'S what I wasn't doing! I was looking up SendMessageA. I had tried
            searching for SETSEL, but didn't think of the EM_ in front of the constant.

            Thanks for spelling it out for me, Stefan.

            Bill J.