AW: [libertybasic] New Window Syntax

  • pendl2megabit
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006

      > I issue of the dialog window is solved.
      > It can be placed anywhere on the screen.
      > Here is where Alyce or Stefan will beat me on answering you. They
      > know where this thread can be found at the forums and I am answering
      > you now while they are searching.
      >
      > Gordon.

      Kevin,
      if you speak about a dialog_modal window, then there is no chance without a
      main window.
      Dialog_modal windows, can only be used with a main window.
      Have some ideas at
      http://justbasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=tips&action=display&num=11357
      77543,
      its a thread at the Just BASIC forum, but it is the same for LB.
      You can find more information about dialog window placing in the
      newsletters.

    • doggbiskits
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
        I wouldnt agree with you on that point, because of the fact that some
        people may get confused with why their windows are opening at
        different locations and are different sizes than what they *Think*
        they coded... Also, a fully customized window that takes 5 lines of
        code can get a bit... confusing also.

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Chergarj@c... wrote:

        > The way for opening a window that you want suggests that you would
        be happier
        > with Ibasic or PureBasic or wxBasic. Window openings in Liberty
        BASIC are
        > plainer to understand.
      • barryem
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "doggbiskits"
          <doggbiskits@y...> wrote:

          > Is there any chance that the next version of LB will have a better
          > window opening syntax? Heres an idea...
          >
          > OLD WAY
          > WindowHeight = 100
          > WindowWidth = 200
          > UpperLeftX = INT((DisplayWidth-WindowWidth)/2)
          > UpperLeftY = INT((DisplayHeight-WindowHeight)/2)
          > open "Window" for window as #main
          >

          > NEW WAY (perhaps)
          > Window #main, "Window", dialog_centered, 0, 0, 200, 100

          I can't imagine anything less important than this. What difference
          does it make?

          Barry