Re: access denied

  • adly15
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2001
      --- In libertybasic@y..., watson <alycewatson@c...> wrote:
      > At 06:13 PM 12/31/01 -0000, you wrote:
      > >So, LB programs cannot be run from a read-only file system.
      >
      > This limitation was removed in LB2. Versions of LB after 2.0 can
      be run
      > from a CDROM. Perhaps the person who posted the question could
      considering
      > upgrading from LB1.4.
      >
      > Alyce

      I will upgrade for sure. Thanks very much for the help.
      Adly
    • Moore, Brad
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
        Anthony wrote: by flipping that little thing on the
        > top of the disk (I wonder if it has a name...).

        Yep, it has a name. The write protect tab is what we have always called it.
        I bet the people at SONY (the inventor of the 3 1/2" media) have an even
        more elegant name.

        Brad Moore
        Sr. Analyst - ADS Product Tracking MES Applications
        Weyerhaeuser Company
        Voice : (541) 756-9481
        Fax: (541) 756-7612
        brad.moore@...

        > ----------

      • adly15
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 9 8:17 AM
          Why are the lb programs I haven't used for a while on my home
          computer suddenly giving me an error "access denied" some before
          Thanks, Adly
        • carlgundel
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 9 11:26 AM
            --- In libertybasic@y..., "adly15" <adly15@h...> wrote:
            > Why are the lb programs I haven't used for a while on my home
            > computer suddenly giving me an error "access denied" some before

            There may be a file open that you're trying to access (like may the
            lbasic.ini file). Try rebooting to see if it solves the problem.

            Also, if you restored your work from a CDROM recently, files will be
            marked as read-only and this can also cause problems. In this case
            you will need to open the properties dialog for each file you're
            interested in and un-check the read only setting.

            -Carl
          • adly15
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 11 8:47 PM
              --- In libertybasic@y..., "carlgundel" <carlg@l...> wrote:
              > --- In libertybasic@y..., "adly15" <adly15@h...> wrote:
              > > Why are the lb programs I haven't used for a while on my home
              > > computer suddenly giving me an error "access denied" some before
              >
              > There may be a file open that you're trying to access (like may the
              > lbasic.ini file). Try rebooting to see if it solves the problem.
              >
              > Also, if you restored your work from a CDROM recently, files will
              be
              > marked as read-only and this can also cause problems. In this case
              > you will need to open the properties dialog for each file you're
              > interested in and un-check the read only setting.
              >
              > -Carl

              Thank you Carl for your help, you were right, there was a file my
              programs needed to open and close for writing, which had its Read-
              only attribute enabled from the CD-RW copying of files.

              Adly