AW: [libertybasic] new LB user - have not purchase yet

  • pendl2megabit
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi,
      I know what the line means ;-)
      I noticed, that the contents of the branch was a single "wait" statement.

      This has the same effect as replacing "goto [wait_here]" with "wait".

      I realy do not know, why people tend to jump around in their code, when a
      single wait command will do the trick ???

      I am not against the use of goto, but the cases where it is realy needed are
      rare.

      Instead of using:
      if x = y then goto [skip]

      I prefere:
      if x <> y then
      '...
      end if

    • Chergarj@cs.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
        Some of our copies of FreeForm will put in redundant lines using GOTO and
        branch labels involving WAIT. I don't think that the FreeForm that currently
        comes with version LB 4.02 does that any longer. Certainly anyone writing a
        program without a GUI designer should generally not use extra code; just say WAIT.
        \

        G C