Up the creek---again!

  • Gordon Sweet
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
      The software you need is called OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION ( OCR ) There should be some Shareware available form ZDNET or CNET

      I use Textbridge, and have a large collection of DOC files created from past copies of our Radio Club's magazines. You will probably need to scan the text into suitable B/W BMP files, or the OCR will not recognise it.

      Gordon S.

    • Alyce
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Filmore Breazeal"
        <dirty_mucker@s...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to change a .bmp file into a .txt file?
        > I need for my program to read the text on a .bmp file. Anyone have
        any
        > thoughts on this problem?

        John White has provided a DLL for OCR (optical character recognition.)
        It's available in the DLL folder of the lbfiles group, here:

        -Alyce
      • G√ľnter Dannhauer
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
          Hello I was wondering if there is an easy solution to retrieve the value
          of an open excel file. I would have to retreive that every 10 seconds or
          so since it changes frequently.

          Thanks
          Gunter
        • Alyce Watson
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
            At 07:19 AM 11/2/2005, you wrote:

            >Hello I was wondering if there is an easy solution to retrieve the value
            >of an open excel file. I would have to retreive that every 10 seconds or
            >so since it changes frequently.
            >
            >Thanks
            >Gunter

            I just answered this query here:
            http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=novice&action=display&num=1130919651

            It's easier to follow discussions if you keep them on one forum or the
            other. It's less confusing that way.

            Thanks,
            Alyce