Re: [libertybasic] Hex and API Calls

  • Yves Petit-Clerc
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
      Not to be confused with Sex and APE Calls !

    • Greg Bilik
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hi,

        Thanks Alyce. I'm not using underscores in variable names I just put that in my message because the API uses a windows constant and I was in that frame of mind.

        Greg

        Alyce Watson <alycewatson@...> wrote:
        At 02:33 PM 9/30/2005, you wrote:

        >Hi!
        >
        >A quick question. If an API requires a constant of hex 8000, &H8000 in
        >MSDN terms, will the following LB line take care of this?
        >
        > My_Constant=dechex(32768)

        MyConstant = hexdec("8000")

        Don't try to put underscores in your variable names. LB expects them to be
        its pre-defined Windows constants and will halt with an error. You could
        simply use the decimal equivalent, too.

        MyConstant = 32768

        Note, too, that LB doesn't have constants. You'll have to use literal
        values, or be sure that you don't change the values if you use variables.

        -Alyce

        Yahoo! Groups Links