Re: [libertybasic] How do I specify numeric output in LB?

  • opemipo jesudimu
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2005
      Ken thanks very much for that you sent to me i really appreciate it.
      but how do i make it a win32 application i.e how can the programm be used by all in an ordinary computer?
      thanks once again.

      Ken Green <ken.g@...> wrote:
      Here is my version of the program:

      INPUT "Enter Hours: "; hours
      LET rate = 10.763
      pay = hours * rate
      pay$ = using("#####.##", pay)
      PRINT "Pay is: "; pay$

      You're welcome. Enjoy LB.

      Ken

      leopet789 wrote:

      >Hi Everyone!
      >
      >I am writing a prog using LB which outputs mainly numeric results.
      >E.g.
      >
      >INPUT "Enter Hours: "; hours
      >LET rate = 10.763
      >pay = hours * rate
      >PRINT "Pay is: "; pay
      >
      >So for 32.75*10.763 (=352.48825)
      >How do I get the result to print 352.49?
      >
      >Help appreciated!
      >
      >Thanks
      >Leo Peters.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Ken Green
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
        If your Liberty BASIC v4.02 is registered, you can
        Create an Application under the Run Menu.

        As suggested by another message, it can be used as
        follow:

        "Ken,
        you can use the "using()" function without the temporary variable too:

        INPUT "Enter Hours: "; hours
        rate = 10.763
        pay = hours * rate
        PRINT "Pay is: "; using("#####.##", pay)

        ---
        Stefan Pendl"

        I hope I was of assistance to you.

        Ken