Re: [libertybasic] Error dealing with SCAN

  • Alyce Watson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2005
      At 09:03 PM 7/30/2005, you wrote:

      > July 30/05
      >Hi,
      >Can anyone point out the error in the coding below? It prints a set of
      >expanding circles, then pauses for 3 seconds. An error results if
      >Restart or Quit is clicked DURING THE PAUSE, just after the circles have
      >been drawn.

      The branch label is not visible inside the sub, so you get an error. (This
      is documented in the helpfile section on subs and functions.) If you make
      your event handlers subs instead of branch labels, that should fix the
      problem. You could also put your 'pause' code inline, instead of in a sub.
      If I wanted to code a pause, I'd put this code inline:

      calldll #kernel32, "Sleep", 100 as long, ret as void

      Replace the "100" with the number of ms you want.

      -Alyce