Bar

  • doggbiskits
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      Up untill recently i have not given a second thought to the thick bar
      on the left hand side of the textbox programming area in LB. Just
      today i accidentally double-clicked that thick grey bar, and to my
      surprise, a small green DOT appears out of nowhere! This little dot
      does not affect Program Operation, yet it does scroll with the line in
      which it was created! It must be a programming tool of some sort. It
      is truly a wonder that we can have tools which nobody knows about!
      Carl!!!!! Any ideas?!

      -Minkis
    • JanetTerra
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        These green dots are discussed in the help file. Read about
        breakpoints in the debugger. Tools nobody knows about are a wonder,
        but tools somebody knows about are truly wonderful! <smile>
        Janet

        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "doggbiskits" <doggbiskits@y...>
        wrote:
        > Up untill recently i have not given a second thought to the thick bar
        > on the left hand side of the textbox programming area in LB. Just
        > today i accidentally double-clicked that thick grey bar, and to my
        > surprise, a small green DOT appears out of nowhere! This little dot
        > does not affect Program Operation, yet it does scroll with the line
        in
        > which it was created! It must be a programming tool of some sort. It
        > is truly a wonder that we can have tools which nobody knows about!
        > Carl!!!!! Any ideas?!
        >
        > -Minkis
      • William E. Lopez
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
          The little green dot is a BREAKPOINT. It allows you to run program execution to that point when using the DEBUGGER. (See the help file topic.) This allows you to run a program which performs many tasks, loading, sorting, etc, and then halt at the breakpoint so you can single-step through any lines which may be causing you a problem.