Want to display output as X

  • edwardmattie
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2005
      Hey everyone,

      I would like to write an easy program that takes the answer and
      converts it to X.

      For example, if I need to know the width of a square, I would like
      to make LB take the answer (let's say 5) and display it in both rows
      and columns.

      XXXXX
      XXXXX
      XXXXX
      XXXXX
      XXXXX

      I'm not necessarily looking for someone to do the code for me, but
      perhaps point me in the right direction, i.e. use the If...Then,
      While...Wend, etc. I'm still a LB virgin :)

      Thanks!

      Edward Mattie
    • Alyce Watson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2005
        At 06:06 PM 5/21/2005, you wrote:

        >Hey everyone,
        >
        >I would like to write an easy program that takes the answer and
        >converts it to X.
        >
        >For example, if I need to know the width of a square, I would like
        >to make LB take the answer (let's say 5) and display it in both rows
        >and columns.
        >
        >XXXXX
        >XXXXX
        >XXXXX
        >XXXXX
        >XXXXX

        Ah yes, the online course in LB that doesn't give you any support. We've
        set up a homework board. The discussion of your X problem is here:
        http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=homework&action=display&num=1112100736

        Join the forum here:
        http://libertybasic.conforums.com/

        -Alyce

      • Chergarj@cs.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2005
          This has come up twice this year on this discussion group and at least once
          on the Liberty BASIC ConForums. You will at least use a decision structure and
          a FOR loop.

          G C