Message box function

  • David Beiswenger
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2005
      Hello LBers.

      I've created a dll called DBCTL.dll. It is in the files section under
      DBFILES. Copy this file to your c:\Windows\system directory.

      It will create custom message boxes (for those not fortunate enough
      to have LB workshop). Here's how it works:

      ADD this function to your program:

      '--------------------- mb function start
      function mb(cap$,msg$,typ,icon)
      open "dbctl.dll" for dll as #dbctl
      calldll #dbctl, "mb", cap$ as ptr, msg$ as ptr, typ as long, icon as
      long, result as long '---- this must be ONE line
      close #dbctl : mb = result
      end function
      '--------------------- end code

      you can use it like this:

      Result = mb("- OPPS! -","Something funny happened ", 0, 0) '<-
      spaces before numbers.

      The first number is the type of message box:

      0 = OK (default)
      1 = OK CANCEL
      2 = ABORT RETRY IGNORE
      3 = YES NO CANCEL
      4 = YES NO
      5 = RETRY CANCEL
      6 = CANCEL TRY CONTINUE

      The second number is the icon of the message box:

      0 = Info (default) a small "i" in a bubble
      1 = Exclamation (in a caution triangle)
      2 = Question mark (in bubble)
      3 = STOP (and X in red circle)

      The first text is the caption, the second, the message.

      Hope that helps.

      DB
    • David Beiswenger
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2005
        For those of you who want need a message box as a child (and you know
        who you are). Use mbc() as the function and add the window handle as
        the first parameter.

        DB
      • Gordon Rahman
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
          Thanks,

          I'll try it one of this days.
          Could you send it to DLL4LB?

          Gordon.

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "David Beiswenger"
          <MyYahoo@d...> wrote:

          > Hello LBers.
          >
          > I've created a dll called DBCTL.dll. It is in the files section
          under
          > DBFILES. Copy this file to your c:\Windows\system directory.
          >
          > It will create custom message boxes (for those not fortunate
          enough
          > to have LB workshop). Here's how it works:
          >
          > ADD this function to your program:
          >
          > '--------------------- mb function start
          > function mb(cap$,msg$,typ,icon)
          > open "dbctl.dll" for dll as #dbctl
          > calldll #dbctl, "mb", cap$ as ptr, msg$ as ptr, typ as long, icon
          as
          > long, result as long '---- this must be ONE line
          > close #dbctl : mb = result
          > end function
          > '--------------------- end code
          >
          > you can use it like this:
          >
          > Result = mb("- OPPS! -","Something funny happened ", 0, 0) '<-
          > spaces before numbers.
          >
          > The first number is the type of message box:
          >
          > 0 = OK (default)
          > 1 = OK CANCEL
          > 2 = ABORT RETRY IGNORE
          > 3 = YES NO CANCEL
          > 4 = YES NO
          > 5 = RETRY CANCEL
          > 6 = CANCEL TRY CONTINUE
          >
          > The second number is the icon of the message box:
          >
          > 0 = Info (default) a small "i" in a bubble
          > 1 = Exclamation (in a caution triangle)
          > 2 = Question mark (in bubble)
          > 3 = STOP (and X in red circle)
          >
          > The first text is the caption, the second, the message.
          >
          > Hope that helps.
          >
          > DB
        • Dave B.
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
            > Could you send it to DLL4LB?

            What's DDL4LB?

            -- DB

            On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:45:12 -0000
            "Gordon Rahman" <dutch_gordon@...> wrote:

            > Thanks,
            >
            > I'll try it one of this days.
            > Could you send it to DLL4LB?
            >
            > Gordon.
            >

            > --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "David Beiswenger"
            > <MyYahoo@d...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello LBers.
            > >
            > > I've created a dll called DBCTL.dll. It is in the files section
            > under
            > > DBFILES. Copy this file to your c:\Windows\system directory.
            > >
            > > It will create custom message boxes (for those not fortunate
            > enough
            > > to have LB workshop). Here's how it works:
            > >
            > > ADD this function to your program:
            > >
            > > '--------------------- mb function start
            > > function mb(cap$,msg$,typ,icon)
            > > open "dbctl.dll" for dll as #dbctl
            > > calldll #dbctl, "mb", cap$ as ptr, msg$ as ptr, typ as long, icon
            > as
            > > long, result as long '---- this must be ONE line
            > > close #dbctl : mb = result
            > > end function
            > > '--------------------- end code
            > >
            > > you can use it like this:
            > >
            > > Result = mb("- OPPS! -","Something funny happened ", 0, 0) '<-
            > > spaces before numbers.
            > >
            > > The first number is the type of message box:
            > >
            > > 0 = OK (default)
            > > 1 = OK CANCEL
            > > 2 = ABORT RETRY IGNORE
            > > 3 = YES NO CANCEL
            > > 4 = YES NO
            > > 5 = RETRY CANCEL
            > > 6 = CANCEL TRY CONTINUE
            > >
            > > The second number is the icon of the message box:
            > >
            > > 0 = Info (default) a small "i" in a bubble
            > > 1 = Exclamation (in a caution triangle)
            > > 2 = Question mark (in bubble)
            > > 3 = STOP (and X in red circle)
            > >
            > > The first text is the caption, the second, the message.
            > >
            > > Hope that helps.
            > >
            > > DB
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Gordon Rahman
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
              That's where I look for DLL's for Liberty Basic.
              http://dll4lb.allprogramming.net//index.html

              Gordon