limiting text editor menu

  • alincon2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      I would like to modify a LB text window to eliminate the edit menu
      and change the file menu to say 'Print' and make the only two
      dropdown choices print and print setup.

      I didn't find much on menus in the newsletter index.
      Alice has a rountine to kill the edit menu in a 'window' window, but
      it does not work in a 'text' window.

      Has someone else done this, or something close enough for me to
      adapt?
      Thanks.
      r.m.

      (I put this message on the LB forum, but no one seemed to
      notice it there.)
    • bbjen@hotPOP.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
        At 06:18 PM 2/28/05 -0000, you wrote:
        >I would like to modify a LB text window to eliminate the edit menu
        >and change the file menu to say 'Print' and make the only two
        >dropdown choices print and print setup.
        >
        >I didn't find much on menus in the newsletter index.
        >Alice has a rountine to kill the edit menu in a 'window' window, but
        >it does not work in a 'text' window.
        >
        >Has someone else done this, or something close enough for me to
        >adapt?
        I once used a text editor inside a 'window' window to simulate a 'text'
        window. I didn't kill the edit menu, but I moved it way to the right so it
        could be ignored.

        The space string has to be literal; I had no luck with SPACE$().

        The length of the space string has to be tuned to the window size and the
        presence of other menu items, so resizing would probably be a problem.

        '----------------- start of snip -------------------
        nomainwin
        WindowWidth=800 : WindowHeight=600
        menu #w1, "&File", "&Printout",[printout],"E&xit",[quit]
        menu #w1, "&View", "&Refresh",[calc]
        menu #w1, "&Help", "&Help",[help]
        for j=1 to 4
        menu #w1, " ", "",[wait]
        next j
        menu #w1, "edit" 'moves it to end of the lineup
        texteditor #w1.te1, 10,0,774,568
        title$=space$(10)+"Chase Statement -- "+_
        "See Menus (File, View, Edit, Help)"

        open title$ for window as #w1
        #w1, "trapclose [quit]"
        WAIT