PopupMenu

  • doggbiskits
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      This is what I want in the popup menu:

      |-------------|
      |Item #ONE >|
      |Other Items..|
      |-------------|

      I Want the arrow to open up a side menu,(Like in liberty,
      File>NEw>Basic source File)

      Also, is there any way to call a sub program from a popupmenu?
    • pendl2megabit
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
        You may be able to alter the menu items with API calls, but I am not sure ???

        A work around would be to use the ">" character at the end of the text and
        open another popup when the item is selected.
        This gives the illusion of cascading popups ;-)

        The use of SUBs is not supported yet, I checked this, but you can go to a
        branch which will call a sub ;-)

        > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
        > Von: doggbiskits
        >
        > This is what I want in the popup menu:
        >
        > |-------------|
        > |Item #ONE >|
        > |Other Items..|
        > |-------------|
        >
        > I Want the arrow to open up a side menu,(Like in liberty,
        > File>NEw>Basic source File)
        >
        > Also, is there any way to call a sub program from a popupmenu?
      • Brent Thorn
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "doggbiskits" <doggbiskits@y...>
          wrote:

          > This is what I want in the popup menu:
          >
          > |-------------|
          > |Item #ONE >|
          > |Other Items..|
          > |-------------|
          >
          > I Want the arrow to open up a side menu,(Like in liberty,
          > File>NEw>Basic source File)
          >
          > Also, is there any way to call a sub program from a popupmenu?

          Newsletter #82 describes how to make a cascading popup menu, although
          for 16-bit LB (1.0-2.xx).
          http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/nl92/eightytwo.html#article
          2

          Newsletter #102 has a demo of same but for 32-bit LB (3.0+). Scroll
          down to the second demo.
          http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/nl102/15.htm

          As for making the popup menu, you need to use the TrackPopupMenu or
          TrackPopupMenuEx API calls. I can't find a demo at the moment, but I
          know that several programs exist that use one of them. I don't have
          time to search at this moment.

          -Brent

          Fun: http://members.aol.com/b6sw
          Biz: http://www.eovweb.com