Hello all. I am back.

  • sniper_lt@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
      I have been gone from this group for quite a while. I moved onto
      other things that took my interest. I am glad to see the LB community
      still in full use. I will be looking at the group on a more regular
      basis from now on.

      One new question that I have. Is it possible to create and active x
      control using LB?
    • pendl2megabit
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
        Active X is not supported yet by LB, may be in the future.
        If you can find a DLL supporting Active X, we should be able to use it with LB
        ;-)

      • sniper_lt@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004
          What I actually wanted to do is set up an x3d/vrml web page. But
          before I even offer the 3d content I would like a program on the page
          to determine the viewer's.

          CPU seed
          Amount of Ram
          Video Card
          VRAM
          Connection speed.

          That way I could warn the person that if he/she views the content at
          full resolution it would be slow if they have minimal/older equipment
          and/or offer them a lower res version of the content.

          On the PHP/mysql board here on yahoo that I belong to I was told the
          best way to do that would be to run an active X control from the web
          page.

          I DO NOT know C#, I do know a little C and have the PD lcc compiler,
          I have a bit of experiance with JAVA but I found the best way to do
          it would be with BASIC so here I am back in the LB forum. I seem to
          be a bit behind the times though since my registered version of LB is
          2.03 and I see its up to 4.01 now.

          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "pendl2megabit"
          <pendl2megabit@y...> wrote:
          > Active X is not supported yet by LB, may be in the future.
          > If you can find a DLL supporting Active X, we should be able to use
          it with LB
          > ;-)
          >
          > ---
          > Stefan Pendl

        • pendl2megabit
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
            The problem with Active X is, that more and more users are disabling it, to
            avoid malicious code :-(

            Any way to use one of the web languages like perl ???

            If you still want to use BASIC, you will have to upload your program to the
            client or do it like described in the latest newsletter at
            http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/