Re: Generating Standalone Programmes

  • afton370
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 4, 2004
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, Chergarj@c... wrote:
      > In a message dated 10/03/2004 3:29:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      > pendl2megabit@y... writes:
      > > I am creating rewriteable CD-Rs too, without problems.
      >
      > that is the second time that someone said this. CD-R is supposed
      to be
      > write-once only; CD-RW is supposed to be write and rewrite. How
      do we really
      > understand these discs?

      We don't! I doubt Ahead Software does either.

      You can certainly make rewriteable CD-Rs with Direct CD. It doesn't
      actually rewrite them, it just writes new data to another area of
      the disc and alters the pointers so that you no longer see the
      older data. Eventually of course you run out of space.

      I assure you it does work, if not very well in my case.

      --
      Jock.
    • Prospero
      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 6, 2004
        Greetings!

        At the risk of going even further off topic, Stefan's comments were of interest
        to me as I have a laptop that has for some months refused to recognise any DVDs
        or write anything to CDs. It plays music CDs and reads data CDs, including
        homeomade ones, perfectly happily. I tried the suggestion below which appears to
        make no difference. Any other ideas?

        All the best,

        Prospero.