Re: [libertybasic] wanted: getwinversion

  • Ken Lewis, Sr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "stefanhes" <sjmhesseling@...>

      > Does anyone have a getwinversion snippet (I believe it's a kernel32
      > api call)
      >
      > Stefan Hesseling

      This will be included in the demo that I updated for the next newsletter.
      The Demo is to add an Icon for your prog to the Taskbar Notification area

      struct OSVInfo,_
      OSVInfoSize as long,_
      MajorV as long,_
      MinorV as long,_
      Build as long,_
      PlatformId as long,_
      CSDV$ as char[128]
      OSVInfo.OSVInfoSize.struct=len(OSVInfo.struct)

      sub getOSVersion
      calldll #kernel32,"GetVersionExA",_
      OSVInfo as struct,_
      result as long
      if result=0 then
      notice "Critical ERROR!!"+chr$(13)+"Unable to Continue!"
      end
      end if
      end sub

      dwMajorVersion
      Major version number of the operating system. This member can be one of the
      following values. Operating System Value
      Windows 95 4
      Windows 98 4
      Windows Me 4
      Windows NT 3.51 3
      Windows NT 4.0 4
      Windows 2000 5
      Windows XP 5
      Windows .NET Server 5

      dwMinorVersion
      Minor version number of the operating system. This member can be one of the
      following values. Operating System Value
      Windows 95 0
      Windows 98 10
      Windows Me 90
      Windows NT 3.51 51
      Windows NT 4.0 0
      Windows 2000 0
      Windows XP 1
      Windows .NET Server 2

      ***************************************

      Ken Lewis, Sr.
    • Alyce
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2004
        --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "stefanhes" <sjmhesseling@h...>
        wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Does anyone have a getwinversion snippet (I believe it's a kernel32
        > api call)

        http://alycesrestaurant.com/osversion.htm

        -Alyce
      • stefanhes
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19, 2004
          Thank you Alyce and Ken.

          One question: when I move a window there is a difference between my
          win98 computer and my winXP computer: in winXP I have to move my
          window about 7 pixels lower than in win98 to obtain the same position
          Where (in the list below) is that switch point?

          'Windows 95 0
          'Windows 98 10
          'Windows Me 90
          'Windows NT 3.51 51
          'Windows NT 4.0 0
          'Windows 2000 0
          'Windows XP 1
          'Windows .NET Server 1

          Stefan Hesseling
        • pendl2megabit
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20, 2004
            Hallo brother in name,
            here is a list to show, which O/Ss are in the same level:

            Home Users ..... Win9x/ME
            Companies ...... WinNT/2k/XP Pro/server

            undetermined ... WinXP Home ... is the follow up for the Home Users level,
            but is basicaly the same as WinXP Pro.
            The difference is in network and security features that
            are mostly used only in companies.
            It is more likly to act like WinXP Pro on the lower level,
            because you get the same result with the osversion call.

            HTH,
            Stefan Pendl

            > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

          • Ken Lewis, Sr.
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 20, 2004
              > One question: when I move a window there is a difference between my
              > win98 computer and my winXP computer: in winXP I have to move my
              > window about 7 pixels lower than in win98 to obtain the same position
              > Where (in the list below) is that switch point?
              >
              > 'Windows 95 0
              > 'Windows 98 10
              > 'Windows Me 90

              For most if not all differences, you can split them right here.

              > 'Windows NT 3.51 51
              > 'Windows NT 4.0 0
              > 'Windows 2000 0
              > 'Windows XP 1