Re: Help system

  • peterhawken
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "JanetTerra" <janetterra@y...>
      <peterhawken@s...>
      > wrote:
      > > I have just completed a small programme and I need to add a help
      > > menu. It won't be anything complex and I don't need any more
      than
      > > contents heading with about 6 subheadings. Additionally, I want
      > > put in the usual 'about' information ad licence agreement. I
      seem
      > > remember that there was a mention of a help template or something
      > > similar. The problem is, searching on the word 'help' in Yahoo
      > > returns every message that asks for help or says thank you for
      help.

      > > Can someone point me towards a reference to a help system if one
      > > exists? Many thanks in advance
      > >
      > > Peter
      >
      > Search the newsletters: http://babek.info/libertybasicfiles/lbnews/
      >
      > Tom Nally wrote two help files: Liberty BASIC Simple Help (without
      > grahics, NL#103; and Liberty BASIC Simple Help II (with grahics
      > capability, NL#120). Jim Brossman wrote Rich Text Format Help
      > (NL#115). I believe any of these might be what you seek. In
      > particular, if you need subheadings, I'd recommend Tom Nally's LBSH.
      > Janet

      Janet and Eldron,

      thank you both for your prompt answers (I should expect fast answers
      by now, but it always amazes me how quickly people reply). Thanks
      also for the pointers to Tom Nally's LBSH. It is absolutely perfect
      for the on line manual that I have written. Thanks of course to Tom
      for writing it in the first place. Contributions like these push my
      knowledge and experience forward far faster than I could ever expect
      to do myself.

      Peter