Re: stand alone executable files

  • carlgundel
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2004
      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Spruell" <spruell9@b...>
      wrote:
      > to work in a window as windows. The author is coming out with
      another
      > version like C++ the name is something like liberty ++ or Liberty
      Basic ++
      > but that's the wrong name I know, now I have told you more than I
      know, but
      > this version is said to be harder to learn and a lot like C++.

      Our second generation BASIC will not be anything like C++. There
      are already too many BASICs that are like that, complicated and
      close to the hardware, and not enough languages that provide power
      by getting away from complexity.

      Simple, general, flexible and open ended. Strive to attain the
      maximum leverage from the simplest possible language features, and
      build the most helpful IDE on the planet. That's the future. :-)

      -Carl
    • Ron Spruell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2004
        Thanks for clarifying that. I may have repeated more than I knew which I
        said.<BG> It's just great to have a program that does what this one does and
        not cost your wife and kids. I heard that the next was like C++ and why I
        said what I did but I also said that I probably didn't have it right. I can
        t wait for VB5. I can do anything I can think of now and I will be the first
        to say it's more of a programming language than I can use as it is but it's
        just great to have a programing lauguage that can do anything you can think
        of and more than I can think of now. I have never gotten in as deep as you
        can with what I have and I am learning every day. When the new version comes
        out it just might be able to program it's self.<BG>

        Thanks for a wonderful programming language and the next that's just not any
        where close to basic.

        Ron Spruell

        > to work in a window as windows. The author is coming out with
        another
        > version like C++ the name is something like liberty ++ or Liberty
        Basic ++
        > but that's the wrong name I know, now I have told you more than I
        know, but
        > this version is said to be harder to learn and a lot like C++.

        Our second generation BASIC will not be anything like C++. There
        are already too many BASICs that are like that, complicated and
        close to the hardware, and not enough languages that provide power
        by getting away from complexity.

        Simple, general, flexible and open ended. Strive to attain the
        maximum leverage from the simplest possible language features, and
        build the most helpful IDE on the planet. That's the future. :-)

        -Carl

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to: