Re: News Letter 118

  • JanetTerra
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 7:17 PM
      Gordon and Stefan,
      What a wonderful collaboration with the text to speech program! I
      waited until this issue before downloading the appropriate files to
      be able to run the programs. I am stunned and overwhelmed with the
      demos and documentation. You've both made the so incredibly complex
      seem so incredibly easy. How generous of you both!
      Janet
      For those who haven't seen the newsletters (117 and 118), please
      check them out. You'll be glad you did.
    • Justin
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 7:50 PM
        > Gordon and Stefan,
        > What a wonderful collaboration with the text to speech program! I
        > waited until this issue before downloading the appropriate files to
        > be able to run the programs. I am stunned and overwhelmed with the
        > demos and documentation. You've both made the so incredibly complex
        > seem so incredibly easy. How generous of you both!
        > Janet

        I second that, that, that, and that! :o)
        I could hardly get back to work once I figured out what I was
        missing to make it work!
        Very nice, indeed!

        Great stuff, why can't I be that creative?

        I love the new version of paint! Much improved over the old
        boring one!! :o)

        I am still stumped on the puzzle, though... How the heck!?
        What "novices" are you thinking about? I still can't win! :o)
        (My head is starting to hurt... ;O)

        Thanks to everyone, LB continues to expand at an amazing rate.
        I bet there are a dozen ideas and tools I find in each one.

        Thanks to all for their marvelous contributions to yet another
        great newsletter!

        Justin.
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2 1:37 PM
          Janet,
          it was just helping someone, I never thought of getting such a feedback on
          that stuff. As Gordon told me text-to-speech was a long missing item in LB
          in the past.
          Now anybody will be able to polish up their work with some spoken sound.
          Watch the API board at the conforums, I will upload an advanced Speech
          Checker, displaying a message box containing buttons to download and install
          the missing files directly.

          Nice to see that I am of some help for so many people,
          Stefan Pendl

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2 2:16 PM
            > Nice to see that I am of some help for so many people,
            > Stefan Pendl

            Stefan,

            you have become one of the most helpful people here.
            I bet you post only second to Alyce! :o)
            You post so many good ideas and snips to the
            group I am amazed.

            Carl, Alyce, Stefan, Gordon, Janet, Tom, Brad, and several others
            make this and the Conforums an invaluable resource!

            Thanks to all of you for all of your efforts and kindness to those
            of us with less marbles in our bags. :o)

            Justin.
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2 2:30 PM
              Justin,
              I will never beat Alyce ;-)
              If you take a look at the conforums, you will see what I mean ;-)
              I was always taking advantage from others posts, so I am just returning a
              bit of it.
              Quality is never beaten by quantity, but Alyces quantity is only quality :-o