LB registration & password

  • poconopa491
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 15, 2004
      I was excited to order the "Gold Value Edition" of LB, thinking I
      would get a password/registration to unlock my demo version, and to
      get access to the Basic 4 Companion download. Alas- I received no
      such email,just a "thank you for your purchase...". Do I just have to
      wait for the physical CD to arrive, or will the password come in a
      day or two?

      TIA,
      Tom
    • Ken Lewis, Sr.
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 15, 2004
        From: "poconopa491" <poconopa491@...>

        > I was excited to order the "Gold Value Edition" of LB, thinking I
        > would get a password/registration to unlock my demo version, and to
        > get access to the Basic 4 Companion download. Alas- I received no
        > such email,just a "thank you for your purchase...". Do I just have to
        > wait for the physical CD to arrive, or will the password come in a
        > day or two?
        >
        > TIA,
        > Tom

        Did you purchase on the web or by snail-mail?

        Ken Lewis, Sr.
      • poconopa491
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 15, 2004
          --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Lewis, Sr."
          <kenlewissr@s...> wrote:
> [...]

          On the web. From Atlantic Coast PLC Shareware Village, UK

          Tom
        • Ken Lewis, Sr.
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 15, 2004
            From: "poconopa491" <poconopa491@...>

            > > Did you purchase on the web or by snail-mail?
            > >
            > > Ken Lewis, Sr.
            >
            > On the web. From Atlantic Coast PLC Shareware Village, UK
            >
            > Tom

            If you purchased on the web you should receive an e-mail soon with your
            reg-code.
            If not, the author of Liberty BASIC reads this message board and you can
            post here and he will send it to you.

            Ken Lewis, Sr.
          • Justin
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 15, 2004
              I purchased off www.libertybasic.com and got mine
              within a minute or two.
              Your problem is with the site you purchased from
              being a little slow so I would send a note to them
              rather than here.
              Also, you can send a note to Carl Gundel via
              www.libertybasic.com and let him know the
              performance of that particular reseller.

              HTH,

              Justin.

              > > > Did you purchase on the web or by snail-mail?
              > > >
              > > > Ken Lewis, Sr.
              > >
              > > On the web. From Atlantic Coast PLC Shareware Village, UK
              > >
              > > Tom
            • Justin
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 15, 2004
                > > I was excited to order the "Gold Value Edition" of LB, thinking I
                > > would get a password/registration to unlock my demo version, and to
                > > get access to the Basic 4 Companion download. Alas- I received no
                > > such email,just a "thank you for your purchase...". Do I just have to
                > > wait for the physical CD to arrive, or will the password come in a
                > > day or two?
                > >
                > > TIA,
                > > Tom

                Let me say, congratulations on your purchase!
                This is a very helpful group and between here and
                http://libertybasic.conforums.com/index.cgi you
                will be inundated with suport, information, and ideas.

                http://alycesrestaurant.com/ is a great place to get tools,
                such as Libertybasic 4 Companion - a must have!

                http://alycesrestaurant.com/companion.htm

                and here is a page with some great links
                http://www.freewebs.com/mekdesign/ and
                the original LB Web Browser.

                Hope that helps a little.

                Great to have you on-board!

                Justin.
              • poconopa491
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 15, 2004
                  Thanks for the info. I ordered from libertybasic.com, but I guess a
                  3rd party (SWREG from UK) handles their shopping basket service, as I
                  was re-directe there.
                  I'll see what's in the email tomorrow.

                  Tom
                  www.PoconoPa.com

                  --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "Justin" <gsi@k...> wrote:
                  > I purchased off www.libertybasic.com and got mine
                  > within a minute or two.
                  > Your problem is with the site you purchased from
                  > being a little slow so I would send a note to them
                  > rather than here.
                  > Also, you can send a note to Carl Gundel via
                  > www.libertybasic.com and let him know the
                  > performance of that particular reseller.
                  >
                  > HTH,
                  >
                  > Justin.

                • Alyce Watson
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 16, 2004
                    At 02:53 AM 2/16/2004 +0000, you wrote:

                    >I was excited to order the "Gold Value Edition" of LB, thinking I
                    >would get a password/registration to unlock my demo version, and to
                    >get access to the Basic 4 Companion download. Alas- I received no
                    >such email,just a "thank you for your purchase...". Do I just have to
                    >wait for the physical CD to arrive, or will the password come in a
                    >day or two?
                    >
                    >TIA,
                    >Tom

                    Hello Tom,

                    I cannot answer the question about your LB registration. When you order the
                    value edition CD, you do not receive a password for the downloadable
                    version of the eBook. Confirmation of CD sales is sent to Carl, not to me,
                    and all business transactions dealing with the Value Edition CD are Carl's
                    province. We remain separate entities. I provided the eBook files for the
                    CD, but that is all. The CD contains all three formats of the eBook in
                    setup files that will install the version of your choice on your computer
                    and no password is required. If you want to be able to download the eBook
                    right away, rather than waiting for the CD to arrive in the snail mail,
                    please email me and send a copy of your confirmation email and I'll email
                    you a password for the ebook.
                    Regards,
                    Alyce
                    alycewatson at charter dot net
                  • hungpiece
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 16, 2004
                      --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, "poconopa491" <poconopa491@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > I was excited to order the "Gold Value Edition" of LB, thinking I
                      > would get a password/registration to unlock my demo version, and to
                      > get access to the Basic 4 Companion download. Alas- I received no
                      > such email,just a "thank you for your purchase...". Do I just have
                      > wait for the physical CD to arrive, or will the password come in a
                      > day or two?
                      >
                      > TIA,
                      > Tom

                      I have the exact same problem. I have written to
                      support@... and I still have yet to hear from someone
                      there. The software is paid for (I used my check card and found the
                      transaction on my banks web site) so there wasn't a problem there. I
                      too had the impression that I would receive an email with a link for
                      download and a password to register. Let me know if you find
                      anything good.
                    • carlgundel
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 16, 2004
                        <poconopa491@y...> wrote:
                        > I was excited to order the "Gold Value Edition" of LB, thinking I
                        > would get a password/registration to unlock my demo version, and
                        > get access to the Basic 4 Companion download. Alas- I received no
                        > such email,just a "thank you for your purchase...". Do I just have
                        > wait for the physical CD to arrive, or will the password come in a
                        > day or two?

                        Hi Tom,

                        Since I don't have your full name, I don't have enough information
                        to look up your order. As far as I can tell, I am all caught up
                        with my online orders. Email me privately at carlg@...
                        with your full name and I will be able to look into this for you.

                        -Carl
                      • poconopa491
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 16, 2004
                          > Hi Tom,
                          >
                          > Since I don't have your full name, I don't have enough information
                          > to look up your order. As far as I can tell, I am all caught up
                          > with my online orders. Email me privately at carlg@l...
                          > with your full name and I will be able to look into this for you.
                          >
                          > -Carl

                          All is well- sorry for being impatient. SWMBO called me at work this
                          morning and said I have an email at home from you with a registration
                          number.
                        • Chergarj@cs.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 16, 2004
                            In a message dated 2/16/2004 9:02:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                            poconopa491@... writes:
                            > All is well- sorry for being impatient. SWMBO called me at work this
                            > morning and said I have an email at home from you with a registration
                            > number.

                            The reliable way to initiate what you want is to send Carl Gundel the
                            registration payment directly to his NORMAL, CONVENTIONAL address as a bank account
                            check; and include your address information with your payment including your
                            electronic mail address.

                            If you do your business through SWMBO, or SWERG , or PayPal, or who knows
                            what, who are your really doing business with? Who are those companies? Where
                            are they? Do they have local offices?

                            G C

                          • J. Brossman
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 16, 2004
                              Chergarj@... wrote:

                              >In a message dated 2/16/2004 9:02:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                              >poconopa491@... writes:
                              >

                              >>All is well- sorry for being impatient. SWMBO called me at work this
                              >>morning and said I have an email at home from you with a registration
                              >>number.
                              >>

                              >The reliable way to initiate what you want is to send Carl Gundel the
                              >registration payment directly to his NORMAL, CONVENTIONAL address as a bank account
                              >check; and include your address information with your payment including your
                              >electronic mail address.
                              >
                              >If you do your business through SWMBO, or SWERG , or PayPal, or who knows
                              >what, who are your really doing business with? Who are those companies? Where
                              >are they? Do they have local offices?

                              My experience with SWreg has been excellent. I have purchased quite a
                              few products through them and have never had a problem. Paypal is a
                              different story.

                              Jim

                              --
                              Jim & Jan Brossman - Sno-Dragon Siberians - Durango, Colorado
                              Show Secretary Web Site - http://users.sisna.com/jbross/showsec.html

                            • Loyd
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 18, 2004

                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 29, 2004
                                  Dear Carl,
                                  On 5th January 2004 I wrote to Shoptalk Systems
                                  and enclosed a check for GBP 21.14 drawn on a
                                  British bank (HSBC). This was as registration
                                  fee for L.B. Unfortunately I have not heard any
                                  further. Can you help me? I downloaded the trial
                                  L.B. 3.03 and after a little alteration I was
                                  pleased to see my old QBasic programs run again.
                                  I really want to be legal! Regards,
                                  Richard Stevenson (in New Zealand).

                                  > From: "carlgundel" <carlg@...>
                                  > Date: 2004/02/17 Tue AM 04:34:02 GMT+13:00
                                  > To: libertybasic@yahoogroups.com
                                  > Subject: [libertybasic] Re: LB registration & password

                                • carlgundel
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 1, 2004
                                    --- In libertybasic@yahoogroups.com, <rich.steven@x> wrote:
                                    > Dear Carl,
                                    > On 5th January 2004 I wrote to Shoptalk Systems
                                    > and enclosed a check for GBP 21.14 drawn on a
                                    > British bank (HSBC). This was as registration
                                    > fee for L.B. Unfortunately I have not heard any
                                    > further. Can you help me? I downloaded the trial
                                    > L.B. 3.03 and after a little alteration I was
                                    > pleased to see my old QBasic programs run again.
                                    > I really want to be legal! Regards,

                                    I appreciate that. Please email to me at carlg@... and
                                    include your details. I will look into your order and let you know.

                                    -Carl